Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Ambient temp gauge

Old 04-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
petyanca is on a distinguished road
petyanca's Tacoma Gallery
Ambient temp gauge on 4 cyl

Does any 09+ 4 cyl Tacomas have a headliner console with a outdoor temp gauge in it ? I'm considering modding my console with a temp reader&compas piece, but there might be a difference in A/C circuit which provides signal to the console.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
jassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura about

jassco's Tacoma Gallery
You are correct in that you can't do it without running extra wires. It seems the 4cyl has a different circuit so it probably won't work without modification. I picked up a nice gauge and will put it in a pod in the least ghetto place I can find.

more
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...s-install.html

Unless you can find one cheap the consoles are over $500+ so it's not really worth it. If you get one you would probably have to run another set of wires to a whole additional temp sensor and mount that as well. You need to leave the one there for the A/C to work properly. You may have the wiring in the roof but you would still need to run the additional wires. You can use the power and illum up there though.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
petyanca is on a distinguished road
petyanca's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i read that, but its still unclear if there is a 4 cyl trim which out the factory would have a temp gauge in it