Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

installing bucket seats

Old 04-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
IV317 is on a distinguished road
IV317's Tacoma Gallery
installing bucket seats

My 08 tacoma has bench seats that I decided to replace with bucket seats because I found out they were broke. The seats that I ordered don't have a plug in for the circuitry in the tacoma. I was wondering if I need to worry about not plugging in the seat since in the manual it says to take the vehicle to a toyota dealership immediately. My guess is that all it does is verify your seatbelts are locked when it detects weight in a seat. I don't need a dashboard light to remind me to wear a seatbelt so I'd like to find a way to turn that off.
thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
It also arms and disarms the passenger airbag.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
vierzwanzig is on a distinguished road
vierzwanzig's Tacoma Gallery
my passenger airbag is manually turned on and off with a key.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
So, they did away with the passenger side weight sensor? Mine won't arm for a computer monitor, but will for an adult. No switch. Hmmmm... check the bench seat for a sensor lead.
I no longer have access to dealer info. Ask a tech, if possible. Avoid service writers, most had shit knowledge about cars. That's why they aren't techs.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
motoretro has a spectacular aura aboutmotoretro has a spectacular aura about
motoretro's Tacoma Gallery
My 09 has no switch to turn it off, just light indicating weight is present and bag is on.

Motoretro
Old 04-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoretro View Post
My 09 has no switch to turn it off, just light indicating weight is present and bag is on.

Motoretro
My 08 is the same...
Old 04-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
i might be wrong but i thought just the reg cabs had the sensor in the seat for the air bag and the access and dc models had a keyed switch to turn it off.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
IV317 is on a distinguished road
IV317's Tacoma Gallery
I think i'm going to dissect the seat and rip out the seat wiring. Only have to worry about the passenger seat airbags turning on only when there's weight detected. In that case, would have to install it in the new bucket seats somehow. How annoying.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
See my sig for info on how the bench seat is constructed and how to make it more comfortable.