Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

!!!HELP!!!! TRUCK IS LURCHING AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Old 04-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
JVannett is on a distinguished road
JVannett's Tacoma Gallery
!!!HELP!!!! TRUCK IS LURCHING AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Here is the deal i am still having my truck Lurching. I have a 96 Tacoma with the 2.7L engine. Here is what i have Replaced. I am thinking of going in to the dealership to have it plugged in to see if the computer can tell what it is exactly doing. As much as i dont want to take it into them.

1) Spark Plugs - i had champion plugs in the truck but witched them to OEM Plugs
2) Fuel Filter
3) Ignition Coil with distributer cap and roter with new wires
4) TPS - Have had it in to get it adjusted 95.5 -97 apparently need to be adjusted after replaceing.
5) Can of SeaFoam

What i am looking at replacing next:

1) Fuel Pump
2) O2 Sensor along with the Vacume hoses
3) Finally replacing all 4 Fuel injectors

If none of those work i don't know what else to do. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
petyanca is on a distinguished road
petyanca's Tacoma Gallery
I'd try to put some injector cleaner into your next gas tank, unless the sea foam already took care of it
Old 04-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
JVannett is on a distinguished road
JVannett's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. ill probably pick some up tonight...
Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Check for intake leaks. When the engine flexes, it pulls on the bellows of the rubber intake. If the leak is after the MAF, the extra air will f-up the mix and cause lurching.