1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom Intakes for 4 cylinder engines

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by 08pretaco, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Apr 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Anyone made a custom intake for their 2.7L? I was looking and I came across Airraid composite intake tubing:

http://www.autopartsdealer.com/aira...ium=cse&utm_campaign=u75&utm_content=featured

It comes with a lot of bends and a pretty decent amount of tubing to work with. I was going to possibly try doing something over the summer, trying to come up with some idea's to work with. Maybe some sort of cold air draw from outside the engine bay incorporated with a ram air of some sort.

Show me what you got going on!

2. Apr 21, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Well I plan on using the factory air box instead of dealing with the issue of connecting the MAF to the new intake tube.

I want to route something to the front of the truck, behind the grill or someplace in front that might be able to create a decent pressure while driving at speed while being located outside the engine bay.

Its more because I want something to do this summer and see if there is anything I can do that will benefit the engine

3. Apr 21, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    If you have a second gen and are not using your fog light holes, you could use one of those holes to route your cold air intake tube to.

Either way you won't see a HP gain, unless you're going 140+ MPH at the North Pole.

4. Apr 21, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    I was going to do the fog light hole as its a huge pressure zone but I am no longer running the stock front bumper.

Products Discussed in

To Top