Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Where does your clutch let out?

Old 04-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Pizzajon is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
Pizzajon's Tacoma Gallery
Where does your clutch let out?

Just was wondering if anybody else has the same clutch feel as I. Mine lets out right at the very end. I only have to push mine about an inch to engage the clutch. Last summer I had a problem with the tranny so Toyota replaced the clutch, flywheel, and plate (cost me around $700, lame) but still had a problem so they ended up replacing the entire trans (toyota paid this time, thank god) and it still feels like I should have to push the clutch in further to shift. At least all my other cars I ever had did. I was just wondering if I'm just crazy or not.

thanks
Old 04-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
That is exactly how mine is and it's not a problem I don't even lift my heel when I shift
Old 04-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
That is exactly how mine is and it's not a problem I don't even lift my heel when I shift
ya I know, I was about to make the same sort of thread because it was weird going from a k20 6 speed civic to this, but it seems to be just different. Nothing wrong
Old 04-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is a few inches from the floor... the ones that engage high seem weird to me. I guess it's totally what you're used to though
Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
Buggys3sgte is on a distinguished road
Name: !@$*
Buggys3sgte's Tacoma Gallery
Clutch pedal free play needs to be adjusted for those of you who have the clutch engaging way up top.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
motoretro has a spectacular aura aboutmotoretro has a spectacular aura about
motoretro's Tacoma Gallery
Went to (2) Certified Toyota dealers w/ master techs and both informed me no adjustment was possible.
Motoretro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggys3sgte View Post
Clutch pedal free play needs to be adjusted for those of you who have the clutch engaging way up top.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
Terrier is on a distinguished road
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is high as well, and has been from the begining.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #9
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoretro View Post
Went to (2) Certified Toyota dealers w/ master techs and both informed me no adjustment was possible.
Motoretro
Not quite sure which model year/years we are talking about in this thread but for sure 04 down have adjustment. As for the Toyota FSM in 06 that too indicates both pedal and push rod freeplay limits. So whatever ASE masterbator techs you spoke with are worthless i would learn to work on your own truck if these guys are master toyota techs then god help us all. Remeber that most of toyota's ASE certified techs are graduates from Urinary Track Infection (UTI). End Rant

Link to 06 tacoma http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...a/02900510.pdf
Old 05-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
motoretro has a spectacular aura aboutmotoretro has a spectacular aura about
motoretro's Tacoma Gallery
I agree fully and would give it a try myself since I do all the other stuff and retired from the industry w/ the basic know-how. Problem is 2 herniated disc in Thoracic region and getting under the dash might very well be my final attempt. Other reason is it's a 09 and still under warranty.

Motoretro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggys3sgte View Post
Not quite sure which model year/years we are talking about in this thread but for sure 04 down have adjustment. As for the Toyota FSM in 06 that too indicates both pedal and push rod freeplay limits. So whatever ASE masterbator techs you spoke with are worthless i would learn to work on your own truck if these guys are master toyota techs then god help us all. Remeber that most of toyota's ASE certified techs are graduates from Urinary Track Infection (UTI). End Rant

Link to 06 tacoma http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...a/02900510.pdf
Old 05-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoretro View Post
I agree fully and would give it a try myself since I do all the other stuff and retired from the industry w/ the basic know-how. Problem is 2 herniated disc in Thoracic region and getting under the dash might very well be my final attempt. Other reason is it's a 09 and still under warranty.

Motoretro
Yeah back injuries are no fun from what my father says , he shattered a disc from a water skiing accident. Plus seeing as the dashes are very tight under toyota's you have to be a contortionist to set pedal height and such, i for one hate doing it but hey if it saves a clutch job im all in. Hope the above link helps some of you guys out with your pedal engagment issues.