Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

regular cab space

Old 04-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
canucklehead will become famous soon enoughcanucklehead will become famous soon enough

canucklehead's Tacoma Gallery
regular cab space

i love my reg cab but sometimes i wish i had the access cab for extra space. here's some mods i did to optimize the little space i have.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome man, great use of what you got. at the price point alone and maybe $1k more in mods, you're looking at an awesome, reliable and $16k truck?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
Loving the back of your truck! Sometimes I'm really tempted to get a cap for mine.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a little house... I could live there.

Actually when Chris Pontius (from jackass) was on cribs his "crib" was a red first gen with a camper shell. And it wasn't nearly as nice as that. Nice job!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
canucklehead will become famous soon enoughcanucklehead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Looks like a little house... I could live there.

Actually when Chris Pontius (from jackass) was on cribs his "crib" was a red first gen with a camper shell. And it wasn't nearly as nice as that. Nice job!
thanks..hah yea im not homeless but its nice to pull over and sleep on trips or crawl into the bed if i've drank too much haha
Old 04-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
I chose a reg cab knowing the space would be limited, personally I really like the look of the reg cab, reminds me of my old 1987 Toyota p/u. I hope they continue to make them for the gen 3 Tacoma's !!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
Noshownate is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
Noshownate's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Canuckle, I know where to store my hockey stix now the bed of your truck is cool as well i lke the cap to doe sthat affect gas mileage you think?
Old 04-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
SoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chris
SoCalGhost2's Tacoma Gallery
I could take a nap in that. Nice job man, after I added my 10' sub behind the seat I lost any and all space for holding stuff in my reg. cab. It all goes in the toolbox now.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently close to bolting in a 5" shelf made of diamond tread aluminum i put together. It'll bolt to the 5 or 6mm threaded holes in that bar running across the middle.
Next step will be to possibly cut out the jack bracket items and make a flat suface type lid for the bottom. Since the floor curves the center would only be 1/8-1/4" above the floor. A lid would allow small items like gloves n such to still be stored under the flat shelf.

I dont really want to cut or grind in there though.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
v1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to all
v1ndictiv3's Tacoma Gallery
Nice layout. I love Bedrug!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
parting out...
speckdzl4shzl is on a distinguished road
speckdzl4shzl's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of seats do you have in there
Old 04-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdzl4shzl View Post
what kind of seats do you have in there
the seller said they were from a 2006 tacoma not sure if it was double cab or access. but the passenger seat folds forward which i thought was pretty cool. i got them off ebay for $220. bolted right up except i had to use my original seat belts from my bench
Old 04-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #13
TRD80 is on a distinguished road

TRD80's Tacoma Gallery
Hey canucklehead, we should meet up one day. I live in Sunnyvale too and just finished buying and building up my 2008 reg taco. I just put on OME shocks in the front with 885's, Wheeler's AAL, 5100' in the rear, Raceline black 6 spoke 16x8's, Goodyear Kevlar MTR's 265/75/16, and a stereo. I've got a light bar and 4 HID's on the way.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD80 View Post
Hey canucklehead, we should meet up one day. I live in Sunnyvale too and just finished buying and building up my 2008 reg taco. I just put on OME shocks in the front with 885's, Wheeler's AAL, 5100' in the rear, Raceline black 6 spoke 16x8's, Goodyear Kevlar MTR's 265/75/16, and a stereo. I've got a light bar and 4 HID's on the way.
very nice. for sure man. did you have any problems with the raceline's fitting over the calipers? those wheels are sweet..i was looking at those and the procomps.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #15
TRD80 is on a distinguished road

TRD80's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, no problems at all, but they are close.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
just grabbin gears
scrappletaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 779th Med Group
Name: Josh
scrappletaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thats sweet man what did you hang from the coat hangers id like that to keep ammo and stuff i just gotta work around the bench seat and how did you put the center console in.