Notices

Moreeee Powerrrrr!!!!! How do I get it?

Old 04-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
turbothompson13 is on a distinguished road
Marines: LCpl, alpha company, 4th battalian, 4th combat engineer division
Name: Jay
turbothompson13's Tacoma Gallery
Moreeee Powerrrrr!!!!! How do I get it?

okay so i have an 07 2.7l 4wd and i need more power out of it bad. i have a k&n intake on it, a muffler and soon plan to do header back exhaust, but thats pretty much it. i am thinking about maybe boosting it with a turbo or super charger, but im nervous too. i cant afford to lose my truck so i am afraid to put one of these on and ruin my motor. also i can barely find anything about them anywhere for my year and motor, plus for a 4 cylinder. is there any other good way for me to get power or does anyone know anything else about the turbo/supercharger kits?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Alpine supercharger. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Re gear it, (poor man sc)
Old 04-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
^yup, regear.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I heard URD has something in the works for the 2.7
Old 04-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
I was planning on doing a re gear to help turn my 33's, but i want more power than just that. any other ideas other than boosting it?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post

is it a s/c or is it supposed to be some other performance kit?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nothing short of boost will give you a big jump. You can run intake, exhaust, header and URD MAF and you may get 15hp max.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharge that thing. Or turbo, but there doesn't seem to be any "bolt-on" kits. Not that any forced induction is ever a simple bolt-on.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbothompson13 View Post
is it a s/c or is it supposed to be some other performance kit?
its an s/c
Old 04-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
well boosting it would deffinately be the best thing for power, but i really dont know a whole ton about them. how much of a risk will i be putting my motor under if i were to do that?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
Quote:
its an s/c

thats what i figured. i hope that someone gets one out soon for the 4wd or that i can find one atleast. do you know anything else about this, maybe a date or whether it will be for the 4wd too or not?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #13
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Alpine supercharger. Good luck.
This. But it's made for the Hilux and the pipes go below the frame rails, no bueno.

Quote:
Negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWhite13 View Post
Supercharge that thing. Or turbo, but there doesn't seem to be any "bolt-on" kits. Not that any forced induction is ever a simple bolt-on.
Correct, and it costs $4,000.

Quote:
its an s/c
Negative. URD has no supercharger kit available for the 2TR.
They claim it is in the works, and we have gotten a sneak peak at the prototype, but that's it.

OP, read this...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...ml#post2901536

Then this...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...s-build-2.html
Old 04-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
well boosting it would deffinately be the best thing for power, but i really dont know a whole ton about them. how much of a risk will i be putting my motor under if i were to do that?
The kits are complete and well made. You don't run much of a risk of causing damage but as with all engines under boost, they won't last as long as a non boosted engine.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The kits are complete and well made. You don't run much of a risk of causing damage but as with all engines under boost, they won't last as long as a non boosted engine.

well, i need this truck to last for about 5 to 6 more years with little to no problems. is that going to be possible if i would put a super charger on it?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #16
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
well, i need this truck to last for about 5 to 6 more years with little to no problems. is that going to be possible if i would put a super charger on it?
Umm, you're not adding any considerable amount of boost here. lol

Your motor will have the power of a V6. lol
Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Umm, you're not adding any considerable amount of boost here. lol

Your motor will have the power of a V6. lol

yeah, and thats still not too good at all. there just doesnt seem like there are very many options for trying to squeeze any power out of a 4 banger tacoma.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #18
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
yeah, and thats still not too good at all. there just doesnt seem like there are very many options for trying to squeeze any power out of a 4 banger tacoma.
Not with our engines, no.

First gens, yes. You can turbo 2/3RZ engines all day long @ 100k miles and be fine. I know a few who have.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #19
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
Trade it for a V6.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #20
id like to trade it for a v6, but im going to work with what i have for now. probably wont ever put a turbo or supercharger on it, but i will squeeze every bit of power out of that motor in other ways.

Products Discussed in this Thread