Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7 performance questions

Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #21
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Yeah yeah yeah. In the end 99.9% of mudders have V8s.
Agreed,

Plus, if your going to sink THAT much $ into it, you might as well do it right
Old 05-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #22
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Search the forums, someone (urd??) is building a new 2nd gen 4 banger blower kit RIGHT NOW.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #23
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Yup, you can re-gear up and down, just remember, if you go low you lose top speed.
Umm... Come drive my 5lugger.. Stock 2.7L with 31x10.5x15 tires and 3.33gears in rear end. NO I don't have power or torque anywhere, its slow as hell.

I would need 4.56gears to actually gain some power over stock...
Old 05-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #24
Ruts are the enemy
dirty TaTer is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
dirty TaTer's Tacoma Gallery
you would buy what? a taco with v8 or the 2.7 mod?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #25
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
For a mudder I would get a 80s Chevy 4wd pickup with a 350 and swap in a 502 with fuel injection.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #26
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
For a mudder I would get a 80s Chevy 4wd pickup with a 350 and swap in a 502 with fuel injection.
For a mudder I'd get a helicopter, fly right over the stuff. Show you all up
Old 05-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #27
radioactivemint is on a distinguished road
Name: John
radioactivemint's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes, this.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #28
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x3

mud is no fun
Old 05-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #29
Six lugs of fury!
Performula is on a distinguished road
Name: Justinian the Gr3iht
Performula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty TaTer View Post
I have been looking for performance parts for my 2.7 for a while with little success. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good priced turbo or cam kits available for the 2.7

Sell it and a buy 4L Tacoma. It sounds stupid and I'm not being a smart ass. I modified a few cars and two bikes. In the end, and during the times, I would have been better off buying an LT-1/LS-1, Evo or a 1000.