Notices

2.7 performance questions

Old 05-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #1
Ruts are the enemy
dirty TaTer is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
dirty TaTer's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 performance questions

I have been looking for performance parts for my 2.7 for a while with little success. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good priced turbo or cam kits available for the 2.7
Old 05-09-2011, 06:45 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
TRD SC kit............
Old 05-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
Ruts are the enemy
yea ive heard a set of headers dose wonders for the 2.7
Old 05-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
AFE drop in and secondary filter removal will give you some throttle response. In the end you won't gain much with bolt ons so your 4 banger will still be a 4 banger.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
Ruts are the enemy
i would like to get CAI soon, but for now a just took the baffle off the air box lol
Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #7
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
TB spacer...
Old 05-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
Ruts are the enemy
I know about the little stuff, Im talkin cams or heads or turbos. i would like to do a power bouild on a 2.7 for a mudder
Old 05-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty TaTer View Post
I know about the little stuff, Im talkin cams or heads or turbos. i would like to do a power bouild on a 2.7 for a mudder
True mudders usually have V8s because torque is needed to spin big tires. I'm not even sure there are aftermarket cams for a 2.7. Check out LC Engineering.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
haha and i still might be getting one
Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #14
Ruts are the enemy
I want to keep the 2.7. I have other motors that could replace it but i thought it would be cool to deck the motor out and change the gearing. its not very often (if ever) people see a monster taco with the factory block still in it.... well atleast round here
Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
True mudders usually have V8s because torque is needed to spin big tires. I'm not even sure there are aftermarket cams for a 2.7. Check out LC Engineering.
Even Sc'ed or Turboed 4banger wont be torque monster down low in RPM range.

Heh.. If I were doing big tires, I would do Intake/Header/Exhaust and HIGH gears in rear end...

Cams are bad idea. Cams don't "make" power they shift powerband, most performance cams shift power from low rpm range to make power up top in rpm range.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #16
Ruts are the enemy
why high gears?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #17

Quote:
why high gears?
changes gear ratio
Old 05-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #18
Ruts are the enemy
I know that but I thought low gears meant more torque? is there a way i can change my gears so that first is taller?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #19

Quote:
I know that but I thought low gears meant more torque? is there a way i can change my gears so that first is taller?
Yup, you can re-gear up and down, just remember, if you go low you lose top speed.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Even Sc'ed or Turboed 4banger wont be torque monster down low in RPM range.

Heh.. If I were doing big tires, I would do Intake/Header/Exhaust and HIGH gears in rear end...

Cams are bad idea. Cams don't "make" power they shift powerband, most performance cams shift power from low rpm range to make power up top in rpm range.
Yeah yeah yeah. In the end 99.9% of mudders have V8s. Why? Power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
haha and i still might be getting one
I won't lie. If I saw one for sale for like $20 I would buy it just because.