Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Do i need all four trans mount bolts

Old 05-10-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
TacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Sean
TacoVerde's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Do i need all four trans mount bolts

so i was in class tonight and decided to check my driveshaft angle for fun. I throw the taco on the alignment rack and as im looking around i find wear marks of where i had bolts and the one that was in there was finger loose and the mount has vertical play where it mounts to the crossmember im guessing from riding around with one bolt....so go check your transmission mount bolts
and for your viewing enjoyment
driver side

passenger side
Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
TacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of light

anyone know if these are supposed to have lock tight?

i read some mechanics forum about the first gen and some guy has seen this happen on multiple trucks
Old 05-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #4

so i took it to the dealer and got 4 new bolts and looks like they put some kind of threadlocker/jbweld looking stuff on the bolts. It feels way more solid now.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
I sure hope its not jbweld, otherwise those bolts are never coming off.
lol yeah me too. idk it was dark and i was using a cell phone when i looked
Old 05-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I'm checking my truck now! I better have all my bolts!
Old 05-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
they make 2.7 prerunners?
Yup.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
Science!

Quote:
srry, fixed it............regular cab prerunners
They also make those.

And I have all 4 bolt on my transmission mounts.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
Science!

Quote:
why cant I find a regular cab prerunner on toyotas website?

nor any other 5 lug prerunner?
Maybe depends on your location? I've only seen one in my area, but I'm sure there are a lot more in CA and similar places.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
why cant I find a regular cab prerunner on toyotas website?

nor any other 5 lug prerunner?
they quit making certain configurations this year... maybe that's one they don't make anymore
Old 05-22-2011, 03:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
they quit making certain configurations this year... maybe that's one they don't make anymore
you are correct.. you can't get a single cab prerunner new currently, but you can get an automatic 4x4 single cab which they use to not offer. which ironically i wanted them to make back in the day before i got my truck, oh well i learned how to drive stick with it and love it, the fear of getting stuck is half the fun