LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Need advice on lifting my truck!

Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
Need advice on lifting my truck!

I have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma, I just got the truck a while back stock and I really want to lift it! It's a 4 cylinder 5 lug... I'm wondering how I can go about lifting it, what lift kits are available for me since I want to lift it at least 2.5 inches, I would greatly appreciate any help since I don't know too much about lifting!?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...lift-kits.html

you can try to use the search function on the site
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-lift-kit.html

stolen from netmonkey.... from here..http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...tech-lift.html

dont get spacer lifts.
the bilstien 5100's are the cheapest (0.85", 1.75", and 2.5" lift)
the OME lift is next in cost (replaces the stock coils and shocks - 2.5" lift).
the toytec coils are probably next in cost (1-3" lift).

you will need a lift option for the rear. typical solution is the add a leafs with the 5100's.

at 3" you really should get after market upper control arms that add in camber.

the toytec ultimate lift kit inlcudes everything for a 3" lift except the UCA's
Old 05-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...lift-kits.html

you can try to use the search function on the site
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-lift-kit.html

stolen from netmonkey.... from here..http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...tech-lift.html

dont get spacer lifts.
the bilstien 5100's are the cheapest (0.85", 1.75", and 2.5" lift)
the OME lift is next in cost (replaces the stock coils and shocks - 2.5" lift).
the toytec coils are probably next in cost (1-3" lift).

you will need a lift option for the rear. typical solution is the add a leafs with the 5100's.

at 3" you really should get after market upper control arms that add in camber.

the toytec ultimate lift kit inlcudes everything for a 3" lift except the UCA's
Can I install the bilstien 5100 shocks with my stock coils?
Old 05-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDChris View Post
Can I install the bilstien 5100 shocks with my stock coils?
yes
Old 05-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #5

Thanks man I appreciate it.. I was lost
Old 05-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #6
sambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sam
sambojee's Tacoma Gallery
ive got an 06 and i just lifted my truck 2.5 inches with 5100s and 1.5 AAL in the back and everything is stock except the shocks and it only cost around $300
Old 05-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambojee View Post
ive got an 06 and i just lifted my truck 2.5 inches with 5100s and 1.5 AAL in the back and everything is stock except the shocks and it only cost around $300
that's exactly what I want to do and that's a pretty good price I thought it would be more expensive... Did you get them installed or did you install them yourself? I was worried i would need new coils, I didn't know that you could install them with the stock coils.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that's exactly what I want to do and that's a pretty good price I thought it would be more expensive... Did you get them installed or did you install them yourself? I was worried i would need new coils, I didn't know that you could install them with the stock coils.

installing the AAL's are really easy, but taking apart the coils can be a pain. you can rent a spring compressor and do it yourself, but if you dont want to muscle with the compressor, you can take the coils to a shop and they can compress the spring and put on the new shocks. (they might charge $30 for each coil?)

here is a pic of a set of compressors on a coil. when you crank them down, the screws can bend really bad and there is a risk of them popping off which could be very painful.

dont forget to get an alignment after you lift your truck.

good luck
Old 05-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
installing the AAL's are really easy, but taking apart the coils can be a pain. you can rent a spring compressor and do it yourself, but if you dont want to muscle with the compressor, you can take the coils to a shop and they can compress the spring and put on the new shocks. (they might charge $30 for each coil?)

here is a pic of a set of compressors on a coil. when you crank them down, the screws can bend really bad and there is a risk of them popping off which could be very painful.

dont forget to get an alignment after you lift your truck.

good luck
Thanks buddy I appreciate your help.. this helped alot
Old 05-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Not sure what lifts are out ther for the 4 bangers but lift if you like. If you do it right it will have minimal negative effects on the truck. It will be a bit more top heavy but it is a truck not a Porsche so your shouldn't be trying to take corners at high speed anyway.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
My recommendation is DON'T. Unless this is a vehicle that you will be using primarily OFF ROAD, the lift will do a lot of harm (driveability, reliability, convenience, etc.) and won't do you any good.

If you are seriously doing this to go off road, then good luck to you, but be certain that you think through the REAL BENEFITS (if any) before you go dumping money into it.
dont plan on going to high just some lift... I dont like it so low
Old 05-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #13
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know how much it would cost to have to have place install my bilstiens? they will be used with the stock coils.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma, I just got the truck a while back stock and I really want to lift it! It's a 4 cylinder 5 lug... I'm wondering how I can go about lifting it, what lift kits are available for me since I want to lift it at least 2.5 inches, I would greatly appreciate any help since I don't know too much about lifting!?
None of the lifts recamended will work on your truck since you have a 5 lug. Your options are limited. I'd go to the 5 lug section and talk with them. Your limited in options I.e. spacer lifts unless you want to drop some serious coin.