LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2011 4 cyl 4x4 auto mpg

Old 05-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
mako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mako86's Tacoma Gallery
2011 4 cyl 4x4 auto mpg

Looking at buying a 2.7 4x4 auto AC. I haven't seen very many posts on what kind of mpg's people are getting with the automatic. Only reason I'm looking at the 4 cyl is for the fuel economy. Were paying $5.50 a gallon here in atlantic canada right now.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
tacoma2.7 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
tacoma2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Im in Nova Scotia so I feel your pain with the gas prices. Not sure about the 4x4 auto but my 2010 4x4 5 speed was getting 22.3 mpg. That was non highway driving and with stock tires.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
WTF?! How are you 4x4s getting the same or better mileage then my prerunner?! Im only running 255/70s too! BARELY bigger then stock!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrGExperience View Post
WTF?! How are you 4x4s getting the same or better mileage then my prerunner?! Im only running 255/70s too! BARELY bigger then stock!
mainly because Im badass lol.
But I do drive very easy, and use the scanguage to aid my habits. Add in that our gas doesnt have the ethanol yours probably does and thats probably why. Im still running the stock filter too!
last fillup was with the light on and 24.8mpg. My girlfriend also drove it that tank and she blows at getting good mileage. Also ran a bit of 4x4 to keep it in use (maybe 10k)
Old 05-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
I buy no-ethanol gas bc I say eff the enviorment! Damn you canadians and your ability to defy logic! DAMN YOUs!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrGExperience View Post
I buy no-ethanol gas bc I say eff the enviorment! Damn you canadians and your ability to defy logic! DAMN YOUs!!!!
lol, gotta be the oil too then. Apparently the 2011's have 0w20 synthetic. Also I heard the gears are longer (not 5th)
Old 05-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my 2011 auto reg cab 4x4 for about a month now and I'm getting a pretty consistent 20-21 with maybe 70% rural and 30% city driving.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Reg cab 4x2 base.....26 mpg
Old 05-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #11
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
4x2 reg cab with 265/75/17s (goodyear wrangler AT's) getting about 21 overall. 50 driving to school and 50 out to track practice (freeway)
Old 05-13-2011, 02:40 AM   #12
ScottyDaug is on a distinguished road
ScottyDaug's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Reg cab 4 x 2 I4 manual - bone stock - got 27.9 on my last tank running the ethanol mix.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 AM   #13
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Just bought mine 3-4 weeks ago and am getting steady 24-26 mpg in Darmouth
OK...I gotta go buy that scanguage. Did you buy yours on-line? Last fill up at 425 miles (light on) averaged 22.7 MPG. That's about normal and I'm 70% hwy and 30% town/on-base (Air Force).

I think it's time I quit procrastinating on this scan guage!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:00 AM   #14
mako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mako86's Tacoma Gallery
I don't want the manual. I drive an 08 civic si 6 speed manual right now and wouldn't not consider a automatic in a car but in a truck I just want to throw it in drive and go. I'm planning on picking up a weekend car down the road. Anyone else with the 4x4 auto? If so how is it on highway inclines, can maintain your speed without putting your foot to the floor.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako86 View Post
I don't want the manual. I drive an 08 civic si 6 speed manual right now and wouldn't not consider a automatic in a car but in a truck I just want to throw it in drive and go. I'm planning on picking up a weekend car down the road. Anyone else with the 4x4 auto? If so how is it on highway inclines, can maintain your speed without putting your foot to the floor.
NO FUCKING WAY! Thats the last car I owned too lol
anyways, i tested the auto and in the end, I wouldnt get it. It was just too much of a truck for that little auto to overcome IMO. You would be constantly flooring it to get power. Like I say to many people who ask, I drove all 4 combos (2.7, 4, auto, standard) and the 2.7 manual feels almost as powerful as the 4L auto. If your gonna get auto I would go for the 4L myself.
By any chance do you lease that civic?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #18
firewolf65 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Retired Corrections, Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
Name: Jay
firewolf65's Tacoma Gallery
2011 4x4 auto w/ac 2.7L mpg

I have a 2011 4x4 auto w/ac 2.7L. I have been averaging about 20-21 mpg, that is mixed driving of highway/urban/4x4 in the Las Vegas, NV region. Having talked to some others with the Taco Pre-runners V6 2x4 they get about the same average mpg.

I gave up a the extra power for the highway and the lower price tag but have about the same mpg.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #20
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
I got the manual and I haven't driven one since I was 18. I used to have a 2005 DCABLB 4.0 automatic and I haven't really noticed a decrease in power with the 2.7 l manual. Best descision I made!!