Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

tires that came on my tacoma causing mpg loss?

Old 05-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #21
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
It will be getting a tune up soon only 57,000 miles. You do make a point i will be
Making the truck mine, i plan on doing what i want and making it mine
"Smaller rim, big tire setup" I'm just trying to find out if
the wheels are my main cause of 20 mpg which isnt bad from the
16 mpg i used to have with my mustang
Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #22
Can't Fix Stupid
wdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: General Purpose Vehicle Mechanic 2nd Combat Communications Group
Name: Walt
wdinfla's Tacoma Gallery
Brandon,

That's great! I felt the same way when I got my truck. I enjoy this site and have learned quite a few things, even at my age (53). I just didn't want you to not be able to enjoy your truck. You will see a lot of different setups on this forum. Everyone doing what he or she feels suits their needs. Every little thing you do to your truck you do for a reason. Have fun modifying your truck because you will never have it completely finished. There will always be 1 more thing you can do. Good luck in all your endeavors. And yeah the 20's are probably the biggest factor affecting your mpg's.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #23
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdinfla View Post
Brandon,

That's great! I felt the same way when I got my truck. I enjoy this site and have learned quite a few things, even at my age (53). I just didn't want you to not be able to enjoy your truck. You will see a lot of different setups on this forum. Everyone doing what he or she feels suits their needs. Every little thing you do to your truck you do for a reason. Have fun modifying your truck because you will never have it completely finished. There will always be 1 more thing you can do. Good luck in all your endeavors. And yeah the 20's are probably the biggest factor affecting your mpg's.
I fill up twice a week, spending nearlyI $150/wk or $600 a month in gas

I honestly think that hauling ass on the highway and racing from stoplight to stoplight is something better left to 16-year olds and people who dont care about money. If it grows on trees at your home, fantastic.

I could see though if you drive 10k mi/yr or less, then worrying about gas mileage is stupid. I got my 2011 on Feb 11th and I turned 10,000 on tuesday this week so mileage is a biggy.