1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tires that came on my tacoma causing mpg loss?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by Thorpedo26, May 15, 2011.

1. May 20, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    wdinfla

wdinfla Can't Fix Stupid

Member:
    First Name:
    Walt
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 4 cyl, 5 speed, Pyrite Mica
    Front mud flaps, Seat covers by GT Covers, Hurst shifter T-handle, debadged, 15" antenna, In channel Vent-Visors, Undercover SE tonneau cover, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, Redline Tuning hood struts, Bed mat, Intermittent wiper switch, Leather armrests, Drag DR-33 Gunmetal Grey 15x7 +40 offset, BFG Radial T/A's 255/60R15, BHLM, OEM style Fog lights on anytime,
    Brandon,

That's great! I felt the same way when I got my truck. I enjoy this site and have learned quite a few things, even at my age (53). I just didn't want you to not be able to enjoy your truck. You will see a lot of different setups on this forum. Everyone doing what he or she feels suits their needs. Every little thing you do to your truck you do for a reason. Have fun modifying your truck because you will never have it completely finished. There will always be 1 more thing you can do. Good luck in all your endeavors. And yeah the 20's are probably the biggest factor affecting your mpg's. :)

2. May 20, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    o5iiawah

o5iiawah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Philly 'burbs, PA
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x2 access cab 2.7l
    I fill up twice a week, spending nearlyI $150/wk or $600 a month in gas

I honestly think that hauling ass on the highway and racing from stoplight to stoplight is something better left to 16-year olds and people who dont care about money. If it grows on trees at your home, fantastic.

I could see though if you drive 10k mi/yr or less, then worrying about gas mileage is stupid. I got my 2011 on Feb 11th and I turned 10,000 on tuesday this week so mileage is a biggy.

Products Discussed in

To Top