Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

List of best 2.7 mods

Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #21
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
The serial numbers are the same with the magnaflow though. Thats why I thought
just fyi, only go with a magnaflow if you plan on no headers. Before headers it sounds like an STI, real deep growl. After headers it sounded like holding your mouth up to a paper towel roll and blowing real hard! hahaha not good
Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #23
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
just fyi, only go with a magnaflow if you plan on no headers. Before headers it sounds like an STI, real deep growl. After headers it sounded like holding your mouth up to a paper towel roll and blowing real hard! hahaha not good
WTF kind of analogy is that
Old 05-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #24
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
just look at my build thread. i think i got the best of everything there is to offer
Never knew DT made a cat-back for our trucks...

What kind of mileage you getting?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #25
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
really? Im getting the DT header for sure, so maybe I will reconsider
Old 05-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #27
Almost there

Hmm so do we have the same exhaust then? I have the Jardine with the Jardine name on the muffler.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #28
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Ya I got the ARB installed with the gears. I am planning on getting a set of 315's as a wheeling set and continue using my 255's for DD to get amazing gas mileage then when I need a beast of a tire, throw on the extra set and be good!
thats awesome man! sounds like i need to be a little jealous of you, except for i love 4wd! i been wanting lockers for a while now, especially ever since they put them in the 09s but fuck um, ill have front and rear! hahaha
Old 05-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #29
Almost there

Quote:
thats awesome man! sounds like i need to be a little jealous of you, except for i love 4wd! i been wanting lockers for a while now, especially ever since they put them in the 09s but fuck um, ill have front and rear! hahaha
na man no need to be jealous! We all got what fits our needs...sometimes I wish I might possibly could-a-should-a-.... gotten 4wd...

But if I did the truck would not be looking like this, which is the way I want it to look.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #31
Almost there

Interesting lol wonder why that happened?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #32
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
we need more people. I wanna make this thread a solid basket of knowledge!
Too many threads about the same sort of thing these days
Old 05-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #33
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
really? Im getting the DT header for sure, so maybe I will reconsider
yeah i know from personal experience! i loved the magnaflow before headers, after i hated it! i think i drove it for about 2 weeks and then said fuck it and bought the super 44, welded a turn down right before the rear axle too, love it, has a deep sound almost like a small block chevy and it backfires a lot too which i think sounds cool
Old 05-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #37
Almost there

well that makes sense!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #39
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Someone on here loves the Magnaflow and DT though, and said the exact opposite. Hated it before the header
huh . . . . maybe it depends on which muffler, i had the one that comes with the cat back exhaust, i think a 5x8x18" but that one is made for the truck also. He couldve gotten a different one and just welded on. Just like the Flowmaster i got isnt specifically made for our trucks
Old 05-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #40
Almost there

URD sells them
http://www.urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Head...duct_info.html