Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

suspension help.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
suspension help.

my 2010 regular cab is going to need a lift asap lol. i really want to get after many months of mulling it over a 6 inch lift procomp fabtech idk which one is better if either. i want to run the largest tire size possible, now i do not have a problem cutting the little hunk of metal protruding to either side in front of each front tire but thats about all i would want to change or cut if i could help it. i'm looking at running duratracs again just alot bigger. its time to make this happen so i thought i would check in on the forum to tap into your expertise and experience on the matter. so i guess what i'm looking for is maximum stuffable tire size and width plus a good shop if any of you have had experience with one in south jersey. thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
lvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
lvlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
if u got the $$ go fabtech, besides that alot of ppl run procomp. its all about preference if anything...
Old 05-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
The RCD lift would look better with 33s, the Fabtech lift would look better with 35s. 35s will require you to regear.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
You want to run 35's on a 4 banger and NOT regear!?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Only guy I know of running 35s with the 4 banger is especk, and he regeared to 4.88.

I run 33s on the stock 4.10 and it's OK but not great. I can still start from a standing stop with just the clutch and not using any gas, but accelerating on the hwy, I need to be quick on the downshift.

You might get away with running a little wider tire in a 33, rather than the taller 35.

Personally, I think 33" tires on a 3" lift looks and works great with the regular cab.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
also, "softer ride than stock" is not going to happen, sorry.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Only guy I know of running 35s with the 4 banger is especk, and he regeared to 4.88.

I run 33s on the stock 4.10 and it's OK but not great. I can still start from a standing stop with just the clutch and not using any gas, but accelerating on the hwy, I need to be quick on the downshift.

You might get away with running a little wider tire in a 33, rather than the taller 35.

Personally, I think 33" tires on a 3" lift looks and works great with the regular cab.

actually im only runnin 33s with 4.88s. 35s would need at least 4.88s too. 35s on a 4 banger with 4.10s = no bueno.

the last time i checked, only procomp made a db lift for 09+ tacos that was compatible with the vsc. u could run that procomp 6" with 35s but would need to regear and maybe do a little trimming.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:12 AM   #11
vierzwanzig is on a distinguished road
vierzwanzig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post

looks like a giant toy...
Old 05-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #12
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
so 33's it is i was not for sure but i did not really believe the 4cyl could get out of its own way with 35's but that white truck sure does look good. just for fun though lets say i went with either option what gears would be the best to pick up? i would be looking to retain the the trouble free reliability that the stock set up has. also especk your running 33's with the 4.88 gears hows that feeling is it more less or the same as stock as far as get up and go is concerned? i
Old 05-27-2011, 05:50 AM   #13
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Running 4.88s and (true) 33s is like running 4.10s and stock tires.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Why not go with coilovers, UCA's and leafs? way better then any drop bracket lift and will perform better offroad.