LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Who runs the AFE CAI?

Old 05-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Who runs the AFE CAI?

On their 2.7. Lets see some pics/opinions. I find it too hard to believe they "dont make a difference.
Lets see some ACTUAL mpg/feel/sound reviews.....GO!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
AFE doesn't make a CAI for the 4 banger. I have a AFE/TRD intake on my V6 and it didn't do anything. Why? There isn't much restriction in the intake. The restriction is at the head.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
AFE doesn't make a CAI for the 4 banger. I have a AFE/TRD intake on my V6 and it didn't do anything. Why? There isn't much restriction in the intake. The restriction is at the head.
yeah it did something, makes a v6 sound a whole lot better than it did before
Old 05-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just cancelled my AFE filter order because it was over a month with no feedback, so Im just ready to buy a K&N one here (because its hard to find AFE in Canada) or buy an intake. Just looking for the "final word" type opinions.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
K&N is not cold air either. Charcoal filter delete and AFE drop in. Nice little jump in throttle response and a bit of sound. Cheaper and still cold air.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #6
VermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud of
Name: Devin
VermonterLost's Tacoma Gallery
I got the AFE pro dry replacement filter, stock intake. Surprisingly did give me 2 more mpg. Can't say I feel any more power, but I can live with better mpg. Like it's been said, no AFE intake for the 2TR, just filters.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the intake that everyone says does not exist.

I ran it, then sold it....it was entirely too loud, it did allow the truck to breathe better however i wouldn't say it added much horsepower.

I then removed the 2nd air filter in the stock box and dropped in a K&N. This provided better performance, and is much quieter.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
That's not a cold air intake. That is a short ram with a fancy shovel head at the end of it. I had a K&N on my Ranger and it was of the same design. It did nothing to block hot air.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #10

Sounds good. Im going to buy a K&N today to add to my 2nd filter delete. Already getting 24-26 mpg, cant wait to see what else is left in there

Products Discussed in this Thread