Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

I wanna out tow a cummins

Old 06-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
slo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
slo13zx3's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna out tow a cummins

lol j/k about the out towing a cummins lol but how much will a 2011 a/c 2.7 5 speed tow ? whats the most u have towed ?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
what are you looking at towing....
Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Check your manual.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
slo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Check your manual.
no manual will say bla bla bla my atvs manual told me it could tow 1250 i have towed a jeep 3500lbs out of the woods no prob
Old 06-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 can tow 3500 lbs.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo13zx3 View Post
no manual will say bla bla bla my atvs manual told me it could tow 1250 i have towed a jeep 3500lbs out of the woods no prob
Yeah. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. So you towed a 3500lb Jeep. Nice way to kill the CVT belt. Again check your manual because all anyone will tell you here is what is says in your manual that is probably sitting in your glove box.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Yeah. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. So you towed a 3500lb Jeep. Nice way to kill the CVT belt. Again check your manual because all anyone will tell you here is what is says in your manual that is probably sitting in your glove box.
no CVT here fella that was with a honda 450 4x4 5 speed
Old 06-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo13zx3 View Post
no CVT here fella that was with a honda 450 4x4 5 speed
Fixed

Quote:
Yeah. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. So you towed a 3500lb Jeep. Nice way to kill the clutch. Again check your manual because all anyone will tell you here is what is says in your manual that is probably sitting in your glove box.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #10

atv still runs to this day i would tow anything with it still 100% stock. has 11000 yes 11k on it only thing done was tires and oil every 2 k. I pounded the shit out of it!! I think i put a air filter in it and did the diffs at 5 or 6 k atv runs better then a new honda junks
Old 06-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Towing isnt a game , you dont win buy buying model xyz and pulling more than you should... you simply get away with it till one day you dont.

Based on the muscle guy pulling a 747 then there is no doubt any truck can be modified to do the same....like said earlier , "just because you could does not mean you should".

I see you have a hemi , I had a diesel, I sold it I dont tow as of late. If you want to tow and out do others then get a 14L logging truck.

I could be wrong , but i sense that you seem to be playing the old " I can out tow you" game .... we're not playing that. I bought my Tacoma based on size, purpose, and economy, towing is not a consideration. Mine , by the manual does 3500lb. I know how to tow a crapload more on flat terrain with it, but i wont.

Based on liability and proffesional atmosphere, there is only one answer... it is whats in your manual. I often set up strucks and help spec them at work, and tow sometimes.

Nothing more FK-tarded than some one whos only fake knowledge is , "yea,but it could tow more". Simple fact is that there is a weakest link ....not that it is actually weak....in any setup. You swap in lower gears up the power with mods and beef up the suspension, you still end up blowing a weak link like the transmission.

All the truck companies know a setup could tow more, but they are the ones warranteeing it. Do you know with data to back it up what the final strength of your axle is ...or the bearings , the frame, the transmissions rated towing at a given hp and grade and for how long?

This could be "yea but.." and " But have a friend that..." for pages. doesnt matter what you or I did tow, its the guy who read it, took some bad data , and caused an accident, or broke his truck.

Enjoy what ya got and do it right, thats what matters.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #12
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
^^Well put, tow what you vehicle is rated for or get a more capable rig for your application. it's not worth taking that risk, you could end up killing innocent people or yourself.