Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

how does the 2.7 4x4 perform off road?

Old 06-05-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
gumshoes is on a distinguished road
Air Force: USAF
gumshoes's Tacoma Gallery
how does the 2.7 4x4 perform off road?

Does it hold its own pretty well? Anyone have videos of pics of some 2.7s off road?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
I got a 2009 2.7 and had it offroad an was quit happy with it's performance.no heavy mud or anything like that.sorry no offroad pics.

later tig1
Old 06-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
beckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nice

beckleyota's Tacoma Gallery
like a Boss
Old 06-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
whose the boss?

later tig1
Old 06-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Im the boss
Old 06-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I dont do serious offroading but I fucking love the feel of the 5 speed. Gears are perfect for all my driving. Couldnt be happier
Old 06-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Great off road, pulls like a tractor!

Not a speedy vehicle but makes up for it functionality.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of off roading?

Does fine on steep and technical low speed trails.

Not so sure about high speed desert running...
Old 06-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
tacorebel is on a distinguished road

Name: Charles
tacorebel's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy and I got his F250(2wd) stuck up to the axles and the end of a forestry service road. We hiked out caught a ride back to my place and went back in with my 4X4 4cyl Taco. It pulled out the 250 with no problem. I wish I had made a video of that.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It does fine.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #12
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
i offroad/mud my truck all the time and it surprises the shit out of people. Someone will ride with me and say "dont go through that, we'll get stuck" and i tell them not to worry about it, i go through it with no problem in 4lo and then they say "damn this trucks a beast!" Thats with pretty much stock suspension, no lockers, and mud tires. I got a video on my phone from when me and 7 other trucks went out, theres a few trucks on 44s, a jeep on 48s, and a jeep on 56s, they all were stuck or broke and nothing happened to me truck!! I just dont know how to load videos otherwise i would put it on here
Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #13
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
i offroad/mud my truck all the time and it surprises the shit out of people. Someone will ride with me and say "dont go through that, we'll get stuck" and i tell them not to worry about it, i go through it with no problem in 4lo and then they say "damn this trucks a beast!" Thats with pretty much stock suspension, no lockers, and mud tires. I got a video on my phone from when me and 7 other trucks went out, theres a few trucks on 44s, a jeep on 48s, and a jeep on 56s, they all were stuck or broke and nothing happened to me truck!! I just dont know how to load videos otherwise i would put it on here
Well thats simple. Its because the 4 cylinder is the best tacoma ever. And if someone doesnt agree with me I will fight them
Old 06-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #14
gumshoes is on a distinguished road
Air Force: USAF
gumshoes's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate everyone's input. Makes me feel better about going with the 2.7 vs. the 4.0
Old 06-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #15
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
gtrotter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoes View Post
I appreciate everyone's input. Makes me feel better about going with the 2.7 vs. the 4.0
You won't be dissappointed. My 09( FS BTW), does exceptionally well. I find that the 4.88's and 33's are matched perfectly offroad. Plenty of power, but with the gears it makes crawling that much easier. Well, that and the ARB air lockers lol.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #16
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
It does fine.
It can also tow multiple whales and other large creatures and objects

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Well thats simple. Its because the 4 cylinder is the best tacoma ever. And if someone doesnt agree with me I will fight them
Old 06-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #17
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Probably one of the best 4x4's available stock. The 4cyl is a great motor teamed up with the 5spd for off roading. Been a winning combo for many years
Old 06-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #18
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i do pretty much every kind of off roading besides mudding in my 2.7 it does great! but when prerunning ( high speed desert stuff ) i wish i had the v6, once i red line at 2nd and go to 3rd, it just holds it if its at a slight incline but doesnt gain any speed.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #19
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
It has never let me down. That is, I have never said, "man, I wish I had 100hp more, so I can crawl over these rocks." I am happy with my choice.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #20
Adjunct Anarchist
Papa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Radio Operator
Name: Papa Tac
Papa Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Who says that Taco can't...?

High Hopes

by Frank Sinatra

NOTE: words inside (parentheses) are sung by children only.
Words in {brackets} are sung by Frank AND children

(Next time you're found with your chin on the ground)
(There's a lot to be learned so look around)

Just what makes that little ole ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant?
Anyone knows an ant can't
Move a rubber tree plant

{But he's got hi-i-igh hopes, he's got hi-i-igh hopes}
{He's got high apple pi-i-ie-in-the-sk-y-y hopes}
So, any time you're gettin' low, 'stead of lettin' go, just remember that ant
Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant
(Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant)
{Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant}

(When troubles call and your back's to the wall)
(There a lot to be learned that wall could fall)

Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam
No one could make that ram scram
He kept buttin' that dam

{'cause he had hi-i-igh hopes, he had hi-i-igh hopes}
{He had high apple pi-i-ie-in-the-sk-y-y hopes}
So, any time your feelin' bad, 'stead of feelin' sad, just remember that ram
Oops, there goes a billion-kilowatt dam
(Oops, there goes a billion-kilowatt dam)
{Oops, there goes a billion-kilowatt dam }

<One girl's voice> (A problem's just a toy balloon, they'll be bursted soon)
(They're just bound to go pop) <SOUND EFEFCT-"Pop!">
<Frank chimes in>
Oops, there goes another problem ker-plop
(Oops, there goes another problem ker-plop)
{Oops, there goes another problem ker-plop}

(Ker-plop!)

4banger!! FUCK YEAH!!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.