Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

raising my trucks work load?

Old 06-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
raising my trucks work load?

I am starting my landscaping business and have already had close calls with tons of dirt, bricks, and other material. I have the 4 cylinder access cab and was wondering what lift would be the most helpful for me to achieve this goal. Looking for 2.5 inches all around, and something so it looks like im not doing a wheelie when hauling around. thanks !
Old 06-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I would drop some money on an old F250.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #3

if i had the money to do so that would be great. As it sits now i cant haha. My little truck has been a work horse since day i traded in the mustang fixing fences and bricking flower beds, i'd just love to be able to load a liiiitle more in the back. i will eventually get a small trailer if i ever find i grow enough for it to be needed
Old 06-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #5

is that exspensive? im doing my research but im not the knowelable coming from the mustang world
Old 06-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
^ +1

lift kits dont add weight capacity, they add wheel travel for offroad , more leafs will perhaps level it , but nothing can add more haulable weight...legally. Airbags are good, but you cant increase your payload, just level it ,good though. A trailer is gonna get you something like 2900lb + usable cargo hauling in a 3500 lb rated truck.Not gonna disect the "yea buts" of combined weights and 2 different areas to haul though.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
helwig or super springs
Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpedo26 View Post
if i had the money to do so that would be great. As it sits now i cant haha. My little truck has been a work horse since day i traded in the mustang fixing fences and bricking flower beds, i'd just love to be able to load a little more in the back. i will eventually get a small trailer if i ever find i grow enough for it to be needed
you can do alot in small spaces
Old 06-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #10
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Get a trailer
Like OZ said. You could haul over twice what the truck can and easier to work with and safer as well. But make sure you get a trailer brake module for the truck so you dont get pushed around with the extra weight.