Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

08 SR5 configuration question

Old 06-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
08 SR5 configuration question

Hi all - First post! I've been lurking for awhile now, trying to plan my first Tacoma purchase.

I've located an '08, regular cab 4x4 SR5 online...17,xxx miles for around $18,000. I am interested, but before contacting them I'd like to avoid "callbacks," etc., and ask my one question here: What does a 2008 regular cab 4x4's SR5 package include? I realize the SR5 package has been defined repeatedly, but I can't determine what exactly it would include on this particular model and year. There are no power windows (I can tell from the pictures), which confounds me.

My biggest concern is whether it has cruise control. Does anyone have this particular model and year who can help?

Thanks so much!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...er-sr5-nc.html

Second picture down in this post shows the cruise button on the column. I looked at an 08 SR-5 reg cab before I bought my EX cab. Real nice truck.

Looks like the truck in that post is 2WD, so the asking price reflects that.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmm...thanks for the reply. The pic on the listing clearly shows SR5 on the tailgate, but below is the picture from the listing...I don't see the stalk. I suppose I'll bite the bullet and call:

Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #6

lol...yeah, that is the only way I would buy a regular cab. An armrest is a must for me. Unfortunately, so is cruise; of course, I realize this can be added later.

Am I just missing the stalk in the picture guys/gals?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
If you can swing it I would suggest getting a TRD package.
Yes, if I were in need of a V6 I would opt for the TRD OR. I suppose I could swing the cost, but can't justify the need for a 6 as I put on 15,xxx miles a year but have no need to tow.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
Am I just missing the stalk in the picture guys/gals?
Yes you are missing the cruise stalk because it is not there, at least not in the normal location. And yes it is weird because that photo shows the silver dash trim which usually indicates the SR5 or other upgrade package, but no cruise and no PW? It might say SR5 on the tailgate but remember how easy it is to swap out a tailgate. I'm just sayin'
Old 06-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
No idea why it doesn't have power windows. Probably not an SR5...bench or bucket seats?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #10

Yes, it has bucket seats (manual transmission), color matched fenders, sliding rear glass (not sure if that is SR5), but no PW or P Locks...I verified with the seller that it does not have cruise control.

For an 08, 2.7 MT, can cruise be added?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, it has bucket seats (manual transmission), color matched fenders, sliding rear glass (not sure if that is SR5), but no PW or P Locks...I verified with the seller that it does not have cruise control.

For an 08, 2.7 MT, can cruise be added?
All that adds up to the SR5 package besides the no PW and cruise control. Maybe there is another model in between, lol...and yes, OEM cruise control can be added.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t171992.html
Old 06-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #12

Thanks all of you for your help...I was just surprised to not see PW and CC on an SR5...I think I might pay the stealership a visit tomorrow and check on trade in value for my Ranger.

Again, thank you!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:37 AM   #13
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the regular cabs are only available with SR-5 package #1 (SE) which does not have cruise control or power windows.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:57 AM   #14

Well, went ahead and made the purchase. It is from Carmax, I have a 21 day wait period...otherwise, I was very pleased with the experience. I was out the door in less than 90 minutes.

With only 17,XXX miles and just under $18,000, I was very happy with the deal. I am now debating whether to add the extended warranty...

Thanks again for all of the help. I'll just have cruise added after it is delivered.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up an 08 SR5 reg cab prerunner. Had an 05 base model AC Prerunner. As far as I can tell, the SR5 included chrome 16" 6 spoke wheels, an emblem on the tailgate, slider, adj int wipers, chrome grill, buckets/console. I happened to have stripped out all my add-ons from the 05 so that's how I got cruise control plus a ton more stuff......Cruise = 100.00 of parts & 30 minutes of easy install. Have no fear of doing it yourself. There is a how-to in here. Hardest part is swapping clutch pedal stop for the cutoff switch for the cruise and it's nothing to sweat at all. Dealer will charge over 400 to do it. Here is link to TN how-to thread with pics & part numbers..........

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=171992
Old 06-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #16

Wish I had the wheels, but it is coming with the steelies instead...it does have everything else you mentioned, though.

I'm handy to an extent, but get nervous tearing apart anything on a truck (especially dealing with interior). I appreciate the link, and might give this a go myself.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Only the lower part of the dash comes off to get to clutch switch. All that is is pop off door sill plate, kick panel, dead pedal, filler around emr brk, then 2 bolts & pull. The hood latch comes right out then panel is free...except for TPMS rest button. Oh yeah, this one came with TPMS too. I knew I was forgetting something in the previous post. After that you have access to clutch pedal. Everything else is in/on steering wheel.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #18

So...the more I look at these directions, the more I get sketched out. Not too keen on messing with the airbag! I was quoted $500 at the stealership! I called them out on it, and they offered a "discounted" rate of $450. Ugg.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #19
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wish I had the wheels, but it is coming with the steelies instead...it does have everything else you mentioned, though.

I'm handy to an extent, but get nervous tearing apart anything on a truck (especially dealing with interior). I appreciate the link, and might give this a go myself.
Keep an eye on the Buy/Sell/Trade section. Lots of people sell the TRD wheels in there and you can find a good deal.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #20
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
So...the more I look at these directions, the more I get sketched out. Not too keen on messing with the airbag! I was quoted $500 at the stealership! I called them out on it, and they offered a "discounted" rate of $450. Ugg.
As long as you disconnect the battery first, there is no need to fear the airbag. I never even unplugged it. Just undo the torx bolts and flop it over to the side so you can swap the wire and add stalk, then it goes right back in place. Easy stuff, u can do it! The cruise control is easy too.