1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Volant CAI

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by YotaMan2007, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Jun 27, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    YotaMan2007

YotaMan2007 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    where my boots and ruck lay
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    K&N Drop-in airfilter, secondary airfilter removed, Satoshi Mod, Kenwood Stereo System, Gibson catback system , Painted Steelies, Offroad Lights, Fatbob's spacer lift
    I've heard alot of ups and downs for the volant intake, but for the guys on here that have it on the new 2.7, what are yalls experiences with it?

2. Jun 27, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    I have the Volant CAI with the ram air. After doing a bunch of research, I decided that it would be the best. It's a true CAI like the stock one but it has better flow. It probably adds a few horses - nothing too extreme but there is a slight power increase and it sounds good too. I have some pics of it installed on my build thread. There are some videos there too but you probably cant hear the CAI because the exhaust is too loud.

3. Jun 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    YotaMan2007

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    K&N Drop-in airfilter, secondary airfilter removed, Satoshi Mod, Kenwood Stereo System, Gibson catback system , Painted Steelies, Offroad Lights, Fatbob's spacer lift
    did you ever get any CELs?

4. Jun 30, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    YotaMan2007

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    i don't think I'll be doing any of that yet. I'm just trying to get everything on my to do list except the suspension before i leave for basic training. I'm waiting on the paint to dry for my BHLM i'm doing now.

5. Jul 1, 2011 at 7:31 AM
    JEA86

JEA86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road
    the money you spend on the intake vs the gains you receive is very minimal. the stock is a cold air.

what I would do is save your cash, pull out the secondary filter, the fender resonator and drop in a AFE dryflow filter, after that you could modify the tube going into the TB if you wanted but i have read a few places that the second resonator on top of the motor is actually useful in helping out with TQ the way its designed.

the one in the fender is to reduce sound.

6. Jul 1, 2011 at 7:40 AM
    YotaMan2007

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    I have a K&N drop in filter with the secondary filter removed. just trying to get the truck looking good. i know there isn't much difference bewteen both intakes. I'm doing it for asthetic reasons. i know the performance gain will only be maybe 5 hp at the most.

7. Jul 1, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    JEA86

JEA86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road
    if you want it for looks then go for it :)

Products Discussed in

To Top