Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

looking to buy rims off of craigslist

Old 07-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
chicagocontractor is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
chicagocontractor's Tacoma Gallery
looking to buy rims off of craigslist

Need help or suggestions about buying rims off of craigslist. i dont feel like spending 1500 on new rims. my one concern is buying rims that have a crack in them or bent or something like that. i have crack a rim in the past so know that it is not that hard to do.

I found these rims, and the buyer doesn't want to waste time and let me try them on, and let me drive with them. any thoughts?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/2475585506.html
Old 07-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
they look like they belong more on a car, rather than a truck. just my $.02
Old 07-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Buy mine
Old 07-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
they look like they belong more on a car, rather than a truck. just my $.02
thats because they are lexus rims
Old 07-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of 4 trd off roads with nitto terra grapplers for sale!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
the rims he is looking at are 5 lug, so im guessing he has a base model. so the trd offroad wheels wont fit.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. Mine are 6 lug
Old 07-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

its in the 4 cylinder section, and his thing says 2wd so im guessing its 5 lug.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #11

i would love some big tires, and to jack it up, but i drive 70-80 miles a day so fuel economy is high on my list. mines the 2wd 4 cylinder regular cab base. really don't like my steal rims, but they are better then $1100+ new ones to me. Mostly don't like how far into the fender they sit, wish they were at least flush if not a little out of the fender.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
98_mud_bug

those would look good, or you could find some x-runner wheels maybe. but they are 18's.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #14

just looked x-runner rims, those would look nice. if anything i would just wait till i felt more comfortable dropping money on tires.