Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

cleaning under the hood

Old 07-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
SupremeDeluxe is on a distinguished road
Army:
SupremeDeluxe's Tacoma Gallery
cleaning under the hood

Every spring season, the pollen becomes a nuisance to the city I live in. I just opened the hood of my truck and it is filthy. I want it to look new again.

My question is, is it okay to high pressure wash the engine under the hood? I used to drive a Celica with a Cold Air Intake and I ended up hydrolocking the engine which concerns me about spraying the dirt off the engine with high pressure water. I would like to clean the outside of my engine really soon but thought I should ask if anything under the hood can get damage from the high pressure washer. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Simple green+pressure wash+let dry+CD-2 eng cleaner= Like new!

I spay my eng all the time no problems just be careful around the
intake and you should be good!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Simple green and garden hose. I have used high pressure and never had a problem just watch where you spray and how close you get.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
Simple green+pressure wash+let dry+CD-2 eng cleaner= Like new!

I spay my eng all the time no problems just be careful around the
intake and you should be good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Simple green and garden hose. I have used high pressure and never had a problem just watch where you spray and how close you get.
x2
Old 07-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #5
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard others say they spray with the engine running but I wouldn't do it while the engine is hot. Hot engine + cold water can equal a cracked head or block
Old 07-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
little red will become famous soon enough
little red's Tacoma Gallery
Been cleaning my engine compartment for years with greased lighting and a light mist from a hose. After it dries I apply a product from Gunk called Acra Seal which is a plastic spray and ignition sealer. Spray all the rubber and plastic parts and it will look like the day it was first sold. (just don't spray the drive belt or it may squeak)