Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4x2 Double Cab Height

Old 07-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
mustangmele is on a distinguished road
mustangmele's Tacoma Gallery
4x2 Double Cab Height

I'm curious about the height of the 2011 4x2 Double Cab PreRunner (4cyl). After all my research (online and looking on the street) I'm a bit confused at this point. I see some Tacomas that ride low and others that appear a little higher. I was just wondering if the model mentioned above is one of the higher or lower models in regards to height.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think they started making a 5 lug doublecab in 2011. This will sit low like the other 5 lug minis. The 6 lug prerunner doublecab will sit high like a 4X4.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
As far as I know there is no prerunner 4 banger double cab. They are all ground scrapers.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
They do make PreRunners. Depends on your location.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
They do make PreRunners. Depends on your location.
In the double cab configuration?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
In the double cab configuration?
Yes.

I'm trying to find the thread that one guy started on here. He has a Prerunner with a skid of building material in the back of it.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
Banned
I found one:

Old 07-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #9
Go home Nubbs, street lights are off!
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
Name: Pancho
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
As far as I know there is no prerunner 4 banger double cab. They are all ground scrapers.
I have one. Brand spanken new <3 4 cyl 2.7L double cab preunner SB
Old 07-15-2011, 03:06 AM   #10
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmele View Post
I'm curious about the height of the 2011 4x2 Double Cab PreRunner (4cyl). After all my research (online and looking on the street) I'm a bit confused at this point. I see some Tacomas that ride low and others that appear a little higher. I was just wondering if the model mentioned above is one of the higher or lower models in regards to height.

I think its the same height as the v6. If you want tomorrow in the morning I'll measure it with my measuring stick lol.

Here's a pic of mine on the first day.

it looks higher than in the pic because im on a slight slope
Old 07-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #11
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmele View Post
well the the tacoma that "ride low" are called 5 lug tacomas and the one that ride higher are called 6 lugs.. different advantages to both.. i prefer the 6 lug since they have a HUGE aftermarket support line while the 5 lugs dont.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #12
derektion is on a distinguished road
Name: Derek
derektion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho View Post
I have one. Brand spanken new <3 4 cyl 2.7L double cab preunner SB

Hey man nice truck! How do you like the performance of the 2.7L crew cab?

I am on the fence right now trying to decide between getting the 4 banger crew cab or v6. I have heard mixed reviews.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #13
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Just pay the extra grand and get v6 u won't regret
Old 07-23-2011, 01:50 AM   #14
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derektion View Post
Hey man nice truck! How do you like the performance of the 2.7L crew cab?

I am on the fence right now trying to decide between getting the 4 banger crew cab or v6. I have heard mixed reviews.

I like it. But honestly, the only reason why i really got it was because I didnt wanna pay that much on gas. If im not going on a steep hill then it's great but other than that it is great. The longest I went with out refueling was almost 2 weeks. and that's from just driving on city. If you don't use the horse power for towing or stuff then get the 4. If not get the v6 and if you don't like it you can always return it back to dealership. Plus the 4 banger will still hold its value