LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

oil change!

Old 07-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
wolfeinstein is on a distinguished road
wolfeinstein's Tacoma Gallery
oil change!

I have 3 different syntetic motor oils can i mix match them?
Old 07-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
As wolfpack said, make sure they are all the same viscosity first. I can't see how it would cause any harm to the motor. But with that being said, I wouldn't mix oils in my truck. It's cheap enough to just buy a few extra quarts.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
wolfeinstein is on a distinguished road
wolfeinstein's Tacoma Gallery
I always buy what is on sale in pep boys always 5w30 syntetic so i have castrol mobil1 and something else but all the same only difference is brand!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
wingspar will become famous soon enough

wingspar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
But with that being said, I wouldn't mix oils in my truck. It's cheap enough to just buy a few extra quarts.
Cheap? I remember having fits when the price of a quart of oil shot up to $0.55/quart. I choke every time I buy oil now, but it's cheaper than engine repair.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #5
Go home Nubbs, street lights are off!
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
Name: Pancho
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
Just don't do it too often. at least in my opinion
Old 07-15-2011, 03:06 AM   #6
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Different brands of oil will have different additives, but as long as the oil is the same viscosity and same API service classification it will be okay. I've mixed Mobile 1 and Royal Purple.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #7
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspar View Post
Cheap? I remember having fits when the price of a quart of oil shot up to $0.55/quart. I choke every time I buy oil now, but it's cheaper than engine repair.
I know haha...that's why I said 'cheap enough'.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW ... Best oil info. on the web --> http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

Great oil info. forums too ... if you want to do in depth oil/lubrication research.