Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

ac noise

Old 07-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
ac noise

has anyone heard a chattering noise coming from i assume the condenser when the air conditioning is on?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
whiptastic handling
FoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud of

Army: E-3
Name: Shamus
FoundOffRoadDead's Tacoma Gallery
Its the fan hitting the fire wall.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh well..winters coming soon anyway. fuck this weather, over 100 in north jersey today!!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
is it when you are in neutral and parked? mine really sounds like a diesel when ac is on parked and in neutral, get a real low vibration that sounds like it is coming from mid chassis
Old 08-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
carattini is on a distinguished road
Name: David
carattini's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem i have a 2008 5 LUG It does it with or without tha AC but is Bad with Ac On. and when the clutch is pressed is less sound. I don't know what it is but my money is on throw bearing. When I have money I will change the hole clutch.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #10

mine makes the noise regardless of the clutch position..is sounds like the compressor/condenser/something bc it will stop for a little when come back..like it cycles
Old 08-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #12

ill check that out, thanks!
Old 08-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
DeuceRooster is on a distinguished road
DeuceRooster's Tacoma Gallery
I have basically the same truck as you (just in RC form) and with just 1500 miles on mine it's making similar noises. Usually can't hear them inside the cab but outside you certainly can.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #14

yeah im thinking if this many people hear the same thing, it cant be anything horrible or abnormal. like i said i feel like its the condenser or something im not worried. thats wat warranties r for haha
Old 08-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #15
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
My '04 makes a lot of noise from the compressor clutch, and also occasionally "glitches" (feels like the engine almost stops) when the AC's on.

It's not the idler pulley. I sprayed some silicone behind the compressor pulley and it went away, but came back somewhat after a desert ride.

I'm going to spray it again, and see how long it stays quiet.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #16
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Its happened with my truck since day one. I took it to the dealer right away because it did not sound normal to me. I find with the A/C on and clutch in, the noise goes away, but in neutral with the A/C on and clutch out the noise is there, and as some have mentioned, its sounds like a TO bearing is going out. Still doing it after 37,000 miles...
Old 08-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #17
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
How can it be normal? Mine doesn't have those sounds.
Its a 4 cyl thing, you would not understand

No, really the 4.0's do not have this issue.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has it...and yes, it sounds like a diesel when idling.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:22 AM   #20
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Seems many of us hear it outside of the truck during idle, too; therefore, the clutch is not engaged.