blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
carbon / soot build up on tail pipe

2007 2.7 4x
5k intervals, mobile 1, 0w20
87octane
well main't
40k miles

Soot or carbon that seems extra heavy in the tail pipe and on the bottom of the tail pipe. It's actually "bled" to the underside or outside of the pipe. No performance issues, smells, dash lights ect. I've never noticed this before on this truck or others but to be honest I can't say I've ever really checked...so this could have been here all along.

Normal? Issue? Still well under warranty but since there is no performance issues etc figured why bother.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like normal exhaust sweating
Old 07-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Normalllll, mine looked like that
till I hacked the bitch off.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
ACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Adam
ACBWV91's Tacoma Gallery
Look in my gallery and see if youve got the same thing going on as i do. It kinda spreads to the fender flare? Again yea its normal but awful annoying. Someone told me to take it off with a magic eraser and i did do that. I believe it took the black shit off right along with the clear coat in that spot so i do not recomend doing this.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACBWV91 View Post
Look in my gallery and see if youve got the same thing going on as i do. It kinda spreads to the fender flare? Again yea its normal but awful annoying. Someone told me to take it off with a magic eraser and i did do that. I believe it took the black shit off right along with the clear coat in that spot so i do not recomend doing this.

geeze, mines not nearly that bad, it's just a bit on the underside of the tip. I do have a black truck, so ive got that going for me.