Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2010 2.7 Taco with 6" lift and 35" tires

Old 07-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
octane202 is on a distinguished road
octane202's Tacoma Gallery
2010 2.7 Taco with 6" lift and 35" tires

Hello-

I am new to the Taco world but will be buying my first in the very near future. I am pretty much set on going the 2.7 manual route. I have found one that I plan to test drive that is equipped with a 6" lift and 35" tires. I wanted to reach out to people that would know trying to gain and understanding of how this truck is going to perform. What are the thoughts of pushing 35's with a 2.7 with stock gears? What will the actual off road ability be climbing/crawling wise? What do you feel I should expect at freeway speeds. If I were to make the purchase, what kind of issues could expect down the road with such an aggressive setup for a 2.7 access cab that would not come to fruition with a less aggressive setup. What do you feel is the optimum setup for the 2.7 Taco.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a pic of the future truck? 3" lift with 33's would be optimum. You should seriously consider regearing even though it is not a must. Good luck
Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
octane202 is on a distinguished road
octane202's Tacoma Gallery
take a look. The Truck looks awesome, however I am real big on function...
Attached Thumbnails
2010 2.7 Taco with 6" lift and 35" tires-untitled.jpg  
Old 07-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
actually with the 2.7 access cab you might not have to regear because your already at 4.10 gears i am guessing. But you might because you are 4 cyc instead of 6cyc.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I am running v6 pro comp 6 inch lift with coil overs w/317/70/17. WHen i am off roading i am dragging ass because of 3.73 gears.
why didnt your truck come with 4.10s, mine did
Old 07-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
not sure !!!! what year is your truck ????? I wish mine did i would do alot better in 4 high.
06, i was told the stock gears are 4.10s, idk though im going off of what everyone said on TW. just upgrade dude, my 4.88s are kickass! even with my heavy ass 35s ill burn out from a stoplight
Old 07-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #11

damn gears and lockers, your trucks going to be unstoppable! cant wait to see it this weekend, the prices on 4WP changed, i had alot of quotes written down but i checked and they dropped like everything so ill see if my discount dropped too, i was busy with my truck today
Old 07-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #12
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
damn gears and lockers, your trucks going to be unstoppable! cant wait to see it this weekend, the prices on 4WP changed, i had alot of quotes written down but i checked and they dropped like everything so ill see if my discount dropped too, i was busy with my truck today
Yea hopeing turn my truck into beast kinda like tacorideinhigh. my goal is gear/lockers, winch, front bumper and maybe get better shocks in between. ok no worries on the qoute thing i was just wondering because i need a spare tire for my truck that is full size :$.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Yea hopeing turn my truck into beast kinda like tacorideinhigh. my goal is gear/lockers, winch, front bumper and maybe get better shocks in between. ok no worries on the qoute thing i was just wondering because i need a spare tire for my truck that is full size :$.

yeah i just picked up two full size spares too, do you have a tire yet? when i had 33s i found a used toyo mt for free on CL
Old 07-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #15
the full Monty

I am sorry octane we tread jacked your tread. I am guessing with 2.7 your going to have to regear to either 4.56 or 4.88. IF you not experince your going to get the drive shaft vibes.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #16

also pm especk, he has a reg cab 2.7 i think and he geared to 88s
Old 07-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #17
the full Monty

yea with 4.88 gears your going to have alot more punch than 4.56's. But you might run into the problems breaking 4.88 pinion because it has less teeth and smaller. THis is from what i heard so dont shoot the messanger. IF you can prove me wrong rc go head.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #18
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
first off, all v6 second gens (prerunners and 4x4) come with 3.73s

all 4 banger (prerunner or 4x4) come with 4.10s (even the reg cabs)

second, 35s would suck, you would have 0 crawling/offroading ability with stock gears. 4.88 would be best. Im running 32" tires and plan on 33s with 4.88 for more low end and crawling ability.

if you want function reliability then stick with 3" lift and 33s and still for offroading you should get at least 4.56s
Old 07-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #19
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
if you are concerned about function you will need to re-gear to spin 35 inch tires effectively on the road let alone off it lol. i think the 2.7 is a great little motor but, it has limitations with stock gearing.

gears are not a big deal seeing as how a lot of the big stuff is already done. i plan to re-gear and throw lockers front and rear into my regular cab with a 3inch lift and a 295-70-17.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #20
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea with 4.88 gears your going to have alot more punch than 4.56's. But you might run into the problems breaking 4.88 pinion because it has less teeth and smaller. THis is from what i heard so dont shoot the messanger. IF you can prove me wrong rc go head.
the reg cab is a lot lighter than other configurations so breaking the r&p is less likely.