Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

header comparison

Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
greengmc is on a distinguished road
Name: david
greengmc's Tacoma Gallery
header comparison

just started driving a 4 banger again after a couple of yrs driving a duramax only , and i am trying to eek out all the power i can from my 2.7. I have looked at threads about headers and everone mentions doug thorley and LC Engineering, does anyone have any input on northwest offroad's headers ? they look like a quality product although they seem abit pricey.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
JPZ3RZTURBOTACO is on a distinguished road
JPZ3RZTURBOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I know from experience that the LC header is , in my opinion, ALOT better than the Thorley header...I actually opted (to my dismay) to get the Thorley short tube header kit. I was, to say the least SORELY disappointed with it, the "ceramic coating" baked off, and the welding on the collector broke...I went to LC Engineering and got the 3RZ pro street header kit(prior to getting my new motor)...I can't say enough good about it. It was certainly worth the money I put out for it.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPZ3RZTURBOTACO View Post
I know from experience that the LC header is , in my opinion, ALOT better than the Thorley header...I actually opted (to my dismay) to get the Thorley short tube header kit. I was, to say the least SORELY disappointed with it, the "ceramic coating" baked off, and the welding on the collector broke...I went to LC Engineering and got the 3RZ pro street header kit(prior to getting my new motor)...I can't say enough good about it. It was certainly worth the money I put out for it.
Empty gallery alert! We would be needing some pics of your ride.................
Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 AM   #4
greengmc is on a distinguished road
Name: david
greengmc's Tacoma Gallery
anyone using northwest offroad's headers????????