Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Truck Lift

Old 08-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
Bristow.907 is on a distinguished road
Bristow.907's Tacoma Gallery
Truck Lift

Pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff, I've done a lot of research but haven't found much that has helped me. I have a completely stock 07 access cab sr5 and I'm looking to get a little bit of height out of her. Thinking that 5100 route would be a good way to go. Question for you all, what exactly do I need for that kind of lift? I want the truck to be level but can make do without. If I get this 5100, do I crank it to 2.5 on the front and back or do I need to add-a-leaf in the back? How does all this work? Thanks for your help everyone.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristow.907 View Post
Pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff, I've done a lot of research but haven't found much that has helped me. I have a completely stock 07 access cab sr5 and I'm looking to get a little bit of height out of her. Thinking that 5100 route would be a good way to go. Question for you all, what exactly do I need for that kind of lift? I want the truck to be level but can make do without. If I get this 5100, do I crank it to 2.5 on the front and back or do I need to add-a-leaf in the back? How does all this work? Thanks for your help everyone.
I have a '10 regular cab and put 5100's in the front set at .85. I'm pretty close to level but still a little low in the front. You may be perfectly level with the extra weight of the access cab. All you need is the 5100's to level it out. Down the line you always have the option of adding an add-a-leaf in the back along with some 5100's (for the back) and cranking up the fronts for more lift. I'm thinking about adding the leafs in the back now but am not sure how it'll look with my current tire setup (265/75r16's or 32"). Hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
Def helps, my current tire size is like 215/75r/15 so I'd like to go atleast 235's without any issues. The 5100's are about $85 each so it might get costly if I do them all around.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
5100s are a great a popular choice. For front you'd need the 5100s to achieve the 2.5" but it'll be a little stiffer a ride then stock. You can always get coils also which I believe makes for better ride and lift as we but never been that route so don't know much on coils. As for rear you can upgrade to billies for newer better rears and set front at second setting I believe to be level or add a leaf and go to third setting(2.5") on front etc etc.... So many combos can even bro it out and leave rear low. All in your taste. I'm sure others will chime in and give you links to threads with your answers
Old 08-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
Does anyone have a pic of an access cab with just the 5100's either all around or up front with the add a leaf in the rear?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
DeuceRooster is on a distinguished road
DeuceRooster's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wanting to level up my RC and add some 32s. Seen this on eBay anyone have any thoughts on how it would do using the stock shocks?

FABTECH & EZ LIFT SOFT RIDE COMPLETE 3" SUSPENSION KITS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 08-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
ERMAHGERD
DubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thayer
DubVtundy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceRooster View Post
I'm wanting to level up my RC and add some 32s. Seen this on eBay anyone have any thoughts on how it would do using the stock shocks?

FABTECH & EZ LIFT SOFT RIDE COMPLETE 3" SUSPENSION KITS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
^^ that lift kit right there was my first kit it did fine for me i had no problem i actually still have it if you would like to buy it off me if ya do lemme know and i can make sure i still have all the stuff to the kit but im not gonna look unless you are interested lol i think it had roughly 14000 miles on it. it did fine with my shocks i never had any problem with it
Old 08-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
DeuceRooster is on a distinguished road
DeuceRooster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2010taco View Post
^^ that lift kit right there was my first kit it did fine for me i had no problem i actually still have it if you would like to buy it off me if ya do lemme know and i can make sure i still have all the stuff to the kit but im not gonna look unless you are interested lol i think it had roughly 14000 miles on it. it did fine with my shocks i never had any problem with it

Still getting ideas together right now. I'll keep you in mind when I'm serious and ready to buy. Thanks for the input though, can't beat hearing from someone with first hand experience!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
ERMAHGERD
DubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thayer
DubVtundy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceRooster View Post
Still getting ideas together right now. I'll keep you in mind when I'm serious and ready to buy. Thanks for the input though, can't beat hearing from someone with first hand experience!
yeah man if your interested and i have it all i will sell it 2 ya for $100 always willing to help out just lemme know and i will see how much the shipping would be i dont think much since your only in kentucky
Old 11-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
Bringing this thread up again, but what do you guys recommend for a leveling kit? I'm on tuff country's website but they only show 4wd and 2wd prerunners, would that leveling kit fit my 07 access cab?
Old 11-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #12
Yeah she's a 5 lugger, I was looking into it more and you are right, they 5100's wont work, I'd just like my front end to be a bit higher, what do you suggest?
Old 11-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
I'm no expert on 5 lug tacoma's, but unless you want to drop some serious coin your limited to spacer lifts. I've seen some guys on her with the fatbobs kits. can really say how good they are.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
Are those spacer kits any good?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #15
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
they work, id upgrade your shocks/struts though with the fatbobs kit eventually. its a stiffer ride. for the 5 lug your options are the fatbobs/ready lift spacer aal kit. Or to long travel it which is a heck of a lot more money.