Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Rear spring TSB 2011 ?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
jensent is on a distinguished road
jensent's Tacoma Gallery
Rear spring TSB 2011 ?

Is there a rear spring TSB for 2011 4 Cyl 4x4 access cab and double cab models? Thinking of a new truck. Broke a leaf in both rear springs on our 1996 ext. cab a few years back. They were 3 leaf paks. I used stock replacements. Are there rear spring TSB for the 6 cyl trucks?
If no TSB is available can you suggest other fixes? Have they worked for you? Dont really like the idea of the dealer working on our vehicle.
Have searched and not found this info.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensent View Post
Is there a rear spring TSB for 2011 4 Cyl 4x4 access cab and double cab models? Thinking of a new truck. Broke a leaf in both rear springs on our 1996 ext. cab a few years back. They were 3 leaf paks. I used stock replacements. Are there rear spring TSB for the 6 cyl trucks?
If no TSB is available can you suggest other fixes? Have they worked for you? Dont really like the idea of the dealer working on our vehicle.
Have searched and not found this info.
I am not sure if the 2011's are included yet, but they are still building them with the weaker 3 leaf spring set up, unless your in Canada where the 4 leaf spring set up seems to be a standard on the trucks up there. However, you should have no problem getting the rear leaf spring TSB done on a 2011. But depending on where you may go with a lift, there are several options with rear leaf springs to consider. Do a search of rear leaf springs, and you will be amazed on how much info pops up...
Old 08-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
jensent is on a distinguished road
jensent's Tacoma Gallery
Question

PJS
Im not interested in a lift, just addition load capacity. I think the replacement of the rear springs may be a stretch of the dealers mechanical ability. I would rather fix the problem myself. Dont want the dealer messing with the front end setting at all. That is beyond them and they know it. They farm it out. Results are still bad. Air bags, helper springs, coil over shocks? What have you guys used with good results as an alternative to the Rear Spring TSB?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
I am not sure if the 2011's are included yet, but they are still building them with the weaker 3 leaf spring set up, unless your in Canada where the 4 leaf spring set up seems to be a standard on the trucks up there. However, you should have no problem getting the rear leaf spring TSB done on a 2011. But depending on where you may go with a lift, there are several options with rear leaf springs to consider. Do a search of rear leaf springs, and you will be amazed on how much info pops up...
yeah the 11's are on the tsb list as well

not sure the reg cab is on it though, thinking its just the access and DC
Old 08-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Derecho has a spectacular aura aboutDerecho has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Derecho's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a list of the TSB's http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html

The one your interested is a (pdf) T-SB-0359-10 DEC 10 - Suspension - *Updated* Rear Spring Harsh Ride. You can confirm that your prospective model fits in the range captured in this bulletin.

Good Luck with getting your new truck!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 AM   #7
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. Mine is being done in 48 hours. AC;2.7;4x4.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensent View Post
PJS
Im not interested in a lift, just addition load capacity. I think the replacement of the rear springs may be a stretch of the dealers mechanical ability. I would rather fix the problem myself. Dont want the dealer messing with the front end setting at all. That is beyond them and they know it. They farm it out. Results are still bad. Air bags, helper springs, coil over shocks? What have you guys used with good results as an alternative to the Rear Spring TSB?
I do all the work I can on my truck, and I was worried too this job was beyond the average mechanic's skill level at a dealership. But I went for it because of having the extra support the springs offer with a load, plus they were upgrading my shocks to the TRD Bilsteins. It was a great upgrade for free, and even though I was going to put 5100's on the truck I knew I could sell the stock shocks on E-bay which helped pay for the 5100's. Maybe they will not warranty anything, but you could ask if they will give you the parts and you could do the work yourself? You will have to give them the used parts I am sure for the warranty, if they would even consider doing this for you. You will also have to do an alingment on the truck when you replace the rear springs. Thats a cost for you as well. If you want the free upgrade, let them do the work, and then fix it if you know what you are doing and they did not do it right for you the first time. Or, just make them re do it until its right.