Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Size Differences Help

Old 08-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
Mgusty is on a distinguished road
Mgusty's Tacoma Gallery
Size Differences Help

Ive been looking at the Tacoma and I'm confused about the ground clearance between the 4X2 Access cab 2.7L 4 cylinder 5MT and the 4x2 PreRunner Access cab V6 Automatic. I was kind of leaning towards better mileage and a manual but I noticed the PreRunner was a raised a little more. So sometimes I'll see these little access cabs that are the size of the regular cab 4X2 that are all 4 cylinders. On the website the 4 cylinders didn't look that small but I wanted to make sure.
In case it doesn't come to mind (Small access cab): http://media.motionfuze.com/index.cf...2ACB7C22C080A/

My question is, is the little access cab actually the 4x2 4 cylinder or is it just a version of it?
-Thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
There are some guys that have the 4 cyc Pre-runners on here. Essentially a pre-runner has all the 4x4 components of regular 4x4 tacoma, with the exception of the 4x4 drivline itself. it may be a bit heavier which may reduce the mpg's by a mile or two over the regular 4x2 5 lugger access cab.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
you will 100% want the 6 lug if you ever want to lift/tires/anything. the support for aftermarket parts on the 5 lug is very very limited and you do not get to chose from a lot of different manufacturers. 6 lugs have a wide variety of manufactuerers to chose from and ultimately have the best choices available for anything you want to do.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps not exactly what you have in mind, but with the stock 265/70-16 tires my truck when new had 9.25 inches of min. ground clearance (bottom of differential to cement garage floor).

When I upped the tires to 265/75-16, the new min. clearance was 9.75 inches.

Any taller a tire will rub without a lift kit and/ or body work.