Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4 Banger Exhaust Sound Clips!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #81
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
i wish i had a video camera to post a sound clip. im running the stock manifold with magnaflow cat and resonator with a cherry bomb extreme with 2.25" duals out the back and im not too happy with the raspyness of it. anyone know where to get a magnapack?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #82
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAtaco View Post
i wish i had a video camera to post a sound clip. im running the stock manifold with magnaflow cat and resonator with a cherry bomb extreme with 2.25" duals out the back and im not too happy with the raspyness of it. anyone know where to get a magnapack?
I got mine off Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-1042...0425+magnaflow
Old 02-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #83

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
is there anything special about your exhaust?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #84
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Special?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #85
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is there anything special about your exhaust?
Nope completely stock headers with both cats still in place. Just replaced the stock muffler with a Magnapack. The local shop charged 90 for an hour of labor to weld it on.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #86

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
$90?! thats fucking crazy! are you gonna throw some headers on there?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #87
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
I will just leave this here.

http://youtu.be/FSQSTj9igq0
I like this. I really want to hear an in cab driving clip, or a drive by. Or both.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #88

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$90?! thats fucking crazy! are you gonna throw some headers on there?

Crazy cheap or crazy expensive? The other local shop wanted to charge 120 an hour if i brought my own parts.

I should reword "headers" with "header" haha

I was thinking about it, but i assumed a high-flow header would just make it louder, am i correct? Its already very much loud enough. ha
Old 02-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #89

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
$90 is expensive, and yes a header would make it louder but it will add a little more power,torque and sometimes a few more mpg's
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #90
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I like this. I really want to hear an in cab driving clip, or a drive by. Or both.
I will try to do one in the next couple of days.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #91

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$90 is expensive, and yes a header would make it louder but it will add a little more power,torque and sometimes a few more mpg's

Honestly all i wanted was sound ha. If i get a little performance thats great. MPG are always welcome because i deliver pizzas. But unless i get rich and can afford to boost it, I prob wont worry about upgrading performance-wise.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #92

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Update on the Magnapack!

I've had if for a couple weeks and put about 1500 miles on it.

I love the sound of it...Mostly. It sounds amazing and at the same tone of a lot of Subies i've been next to when i keep it under 2000rpm

And at wot it sounds loud and awesome.

But right in the middle it gets overly loud sometime. Like if your just getting up to speed but not yet enough to drop a gear. (Automatic) I think if i had a manual i could control the sound a little more.

I ordered a silencer for my exhaust tip to see if it will get rid of the mid range brap.

The good news is i keep it under 2k rpm more than i did before. Saves gas! I have a pretty heavy foot
Old 02-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #93
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
Update on the Magnapack!

I've had if for a couple weeks and put about 1500 miles on it.

I love the sound of it...Mostly. It sounds amazing and at the same tone of a lot of Subies i've been next to when i keep it under 2000rpm

And at wot it sounds loud and awesome.

But right in the middle it gets overly loud sometime. Like if your just getting up to speed but not yet enough to drop a gear. (Automatic) I think if i had a manual i could control the sound a little more.

I ordered a silencer for my exhaust tip to see if it will get rid of the mid range brap.

The good news is i keep it under 2k rpm more than i did before. Saves gas! I have a pretty heavy foot

My muffler was loud as PHUCK when I first got it.. if you give it a few months to build up some carbon, it gets quieter. Now mine is about the perfect volume and sounds good.. either that or I've suffered hearing loss from it.

EDIT: I also have an auto, and know what youre talking about "in the middle".. for me, going about 30mph up hill it was obnoxious
Old 02-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #94

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
My muffler was loud as PHUCK when I first got it.. if you give it a few months to build up some carbon, it gets quieter. Now mine is about the perfect volume and sounds good.. either that or I've suffered hearing loss from it.

EDIT: I also have an auto, and know what youre talking about "in the middle".. for me, going about 30mph up hill it was obnoxious
That's good to know! I do feel as if its quieted a little bit. We will see if it does any more.

I have got a lot of comments on it!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #95
black09 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
black09's Tacoma Gallery
mine is loud as hell grabs attention everywhere i go i have an old school 20 dollar bright red cherry bomb glass pack i love it but is very loud i had a guy pull up to me and ask what kind of work i had done to it hahaha glasspack bitches
Old 03-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #96
gatnilab will become famous soon enoughgatnilab will become famous soon enough

Name: Patrick
gatnilab's Tacoma Gallery
2013 2.7c Prerunner Double Cab

Outside Magnaflow

http://www.youtube.com/embed/1OPvRmVijuo

In Cab

http://www.youtube.com/embed/rSAWMeaHavc
Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #97
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
That magnaflow sounds loud and deep or is it the placement of the phone / speaker
Old 03-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #98
gatnilab will become famous soon enoughgatnilab will become famous soon enough

Name: Patrick
gatnilab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
That magnaflow sounds loud and deep or is it the placement of the phone / speaker
Is really loud, My neighbor used to cpmplain about it everytime I start the truck, but they got used to it. It was very loud before when I just got it since over time it build up carbon. But still is loud.

And the shop where I went recommend Magnaflow than flowmaster, because I have a smaller engine.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #99
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone attempted to modify a TRD Exhaust to fit their reg cab?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #100

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about switching out my Magnapack for this Magnaflow 18".

Does anyone have any experience with that one? Or any other similar?

I get to many "sounds like a honda" when people hear my truck haha
I like it sometimes but other times i get annoyed that i cant pass someone even slightly inconspicuously.

Products Discussed in this Thread