Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4 Banger Exhaust Sound Clips!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #101
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
I JUST got home from having the 14" Magnaflow 4x9 14" universal muffler installed (part number 11225 I believe). At idle it's dead quiet, but with any kind of load that sucker is pretty loud. I wouldn't call it obnoxious...just loud (and reasonably deep for a 4-banger). It certainly doesn't sound anything at all like a Honda.

Anyone know how much quieter the extra 4" for an 18" muffler would make it?

I'm hoping to pick up some pro audio recording gear in the next little bit. When I do, I'll upload a proper recording.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #102
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
I JUST got home from having the 14" Magnaflow 4x9 14" universal muffler installed (part number 11225 I believe). At idle it's dead quiet, but with any kind of load that sucker is pretty loud. I wouldn't call it obnoxious...just loud (and reasonably deep for a 4-banger). It certainly doesn't sound anything at all like a Honda.

Anyone know how much quieter the extra 4" for an 18" muffler would make it?

I'm hoping to pick up some pro audio recording gear in the next little bit. When I do, I'll upload a proper recording.
I would be interested in hearing that.

I am in between the 14'' and 18'' Magnaflow for when I redo my exhaust on my 2.7L
Old 04-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #103
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's a bunch of clips I did today. I didn't get a hold of the audio gear I wanted so this is just via the on-board mic on my 5DmkII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1mO1ufpxu0
Old 04-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #104
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
I like it!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #105
gatnilab will become famous soon enoughgatnilab will become famous soon enough

Name: Patrick
gatnilab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here's a bunch of clips I did today. I didn't get a hold of the audio gear I wanted so this is just via the on-board mic on my 5DmkII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1mO1ufpxu0

Sound like my truck lol http://www.youtube.com/embed/1OPvRmVijuo Installed Magnoflow on it aswell...
Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #106
Damn dirty Swede

Just a quick update after putting about 800km on it (700 or which were highway):

My first impression that it was a little bit too high-pitched for my taste. There were moments of rice, interspersed by some brain-melting droning. Letting off the gas always resulted in some pretty gnarly backfiring and burbling. The first couple of hours on the highway were uncomfortable to say the least. By the time I got into Calgary (600km later) it had settled into a nice, deep hum. The droning is pretty minimal now and only really occurs around 2k rpm under load.

It sounds an awful lot like an STi now. I love it.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #107
gatnilab will become famous soon enoughgatnilab will become famous soon enough

Name: Patrick
gatnilab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just a quick update after putting about 800km on it (700 or which were highway):

My first impression that it was a little bit too high-pitched for my taste. There were moments of rice, interspersed by some brain-melting droning. Letting off the gas always resulted in some pretty gnarly backfiring and burbling. The first couple of hours on the highway were uncomfortable to say the least. By the time I got into Calgary (600km later) it had settled into a nice, deep hum. The droning is pretty minimal now and only really occurs around 2k rpm under load.

Yeah my cousin own STI it sound like it when you driving on the parking lot. Later will tone down after when you have your carbon fill your exhaust after many many miles of driving.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #108
98 yota power is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
98 yota power's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a Jba cat back exhaust or does anyone know where i can find a video for the 2.7 all the ones i could find is the 4.0 Thanks for your help or does any one know what they sound similar too thanks again
Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #109
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I liked the 14" Magnaflow sound, but after a about a week, I put my stock muffler back on. That same 2,000rpm resonance you mentioned bothered me because I'm almost always driving at around 2,000rpm.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #110
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
anyone have any problems with the welds on the stainless steel mangaflow to the stock pipe?
Old 12-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #111
vrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud of

Name: Brandon
vrod671's Tacoma Gallery
heres mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_559dfoxJug
Old 01-06-2014, 04:04 AM   #113
NorCarolina Member
TacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the rough

Name: A.J.
TacoTacoma96's Tacoma Gallery
Don't think i'I've posted here yet.

Here's my '08 2.7 with Aero Turbine 2525 muffler (All Stock)
NOTE: the rattle is from some slag in the muffler and has since been fixed.
http://youtu.be/-qXa-TR_8Do

Here's my '96 2.7 with a before and after of a Flowmaster and Aero 2525.
Extra mods are a AEM Intake and LCE Header.
http://youtu.be/MGX-tcF0kM4
Old 03-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #114
DJBRocks757 is on a distinguished road
Name: DJ
DJBRocks757's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Always willing to help someone in the service part number is 10425 welded to the stock exhaust with an unnecessary bend cut out and replaced with straight pipe. The rest of the exhaust is stock.

Magnaflow's website with specs:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=10425

For sale on Amazon for $66 with free shipping (they can be purchased from Summit for about the same price but they charge an $11 handling fee):

http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-1042.../dp/B000XQO0UW
After a lot of watching a listening I'm going with the Magnaflow. I ordered it Saturday and once it's installed I'll post my own clips. Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:31 AM   #115
Crazy Cracker
669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of

Name: Bobby
669sprink's Tacoma Gallery
I have a magnaflow on my 07 single cab. Honestly all the exhausts will sound just about the same on a lil jap rice burner 2.7 engine. Magnaflow is just the best out of all of em. Not a personal opinion just what I've read. The flow master does have a little deeper tone but I can make the same noise sounded like you were in a high gear bogging it kind of.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #116
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
After running the large 22 inch MagnaFlow for over 2 months now...

...I'm totally pleased. The deep mellow sound isn't the least bit irritating and there's no cab drone.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #117
hoenah808 will become famous soon enough
hoenah808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post

...I'm totally pleased. The deep mellow sound isn't the least bit irritating and there's no cab drone.
you just change the muffler and weld it in the stock mufflers place? 2.5 in and 2.5 out?
Old 03-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #118
Crazy Cracker
669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of

Name: Bobby
669sprink's Tacoma Gallery
Cool M or A

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post

Are you automatic?

I just have the stock size with a magnaflow of course I'm just woundering do you bog out or sound like your bogging out at all? Also I just installed a K&N and when I'm about to rev out it sounds beast with my exhaust.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #119
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoenah808 View Post
you just change the muffler and weld it in the stock mufflers place? 2.5 in and 2.5 out?
The muffler is 2.5 in and out, but everything was replaced from the muffler back so the tubing going into the muffler remained the existing stock metric 2 3/8" OD, and I had 2 1/4" OD tubing mandrel bent...

...to exit a hole I cut in the rear bumper.

Greg
Old 03-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #120
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 669sprink View Post
Are you automatic?
I have a 5 speed manual.

Quote:
I just have the stock size with a magnaflow of course I'm just woundering do you bog out or sound like your bogging out at all? Also I just installed a K&N and when I'm about to rev out it sounds beast with my exhaust.
My engine doesn't bog out at all because I'm also running an LCE exhaust header...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvIBURPwtXw

Products Discussed in this Thread