Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4 Banger Exhaust Sound Clips!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
4 Banger Exhaust Sound Clips!

So a lot of 4 banger owners want to redo exhaust because they are tired of sounding like they are driving a prius. But it is hard to decide what kind of exhaust you want to go with.

My idea is this, If you have a 4 cylinder taco, and you have redone your exhaust in anyway, post up a good soundclip, and list what you did.

By doing this, all taco owners (2.7L) will be able to come to this thread, review over soundclips, and decide what sound they like best, and be able to confidently redo their exhaust the way they want.

So post up sound clips!!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
98ToyWheeler is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
98ToyWheeler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
So a lot of 4 banger owners want to redo exhaust because they are tired of sounding like they are driving a prius. But it is hard to decide what kind of exhaust you want to go with.

My idea is this, If you have a 4 cylinder taco, and you have redone your exhaust in anyway, post up a good soundclip, and list what you did.

By doing this, all taco owners (2.7L) will be able to come to this thread, review over soundclips, and decide what sound they like best, and be able to confidently redo their exhaust the way they want.

So post up sound clips!!
Great thread, i've been looking for the right exhaust. This should come in handy when there's some clips on here.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd I got a 50 series flowmaster on mine I'll try and get a clip up soon. I want to hear more exhaust to see if I would want to change it.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm thinking about going with a super 44 but I want to hear others as well. The only one i have heard a good sound clip of is a super 44 haha
Old 08-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna hear too... A muffler is a mod I have planned for pretty far down the road.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
subed
Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #10
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamper View Post
what exhaust do you have that sounds awesome!

and whodat popcorn what is yours?

if you guys could link something it would be awesome as i will be out in the field for a couple weeks and wont have much reserch time. thanks guy
Always willing to help someone in the service part number is 10425 welded to the stock exhaust with an unnecessary bend cut out and replaced with straight pipe. The rest of the exhaust is stock.

Magnaflow's website with specs:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=10425

For sale on Amazon for $66 with free shipping (they can be purchased from Summit for about the same price but they charge an $11 handling fee):

http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-1042.../dp/B000XQO0UW
Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #11
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
13" Wicked Flow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3KVIXt-p38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YuoCdYhzPg
Old 09-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #13
LoneWanderer will become famous soon enough

Name: Randy
LoneWanderer's Tacoma Gallery
how loud is this? it sounds pretty good. I dont want anything head turning. I need a new muffler and want something that I can hear when I go through the gears but not real aggressive.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWanderer View Post
how loud is this? it sounds pretty good. I dont want anything head turning. I need a new muffler and want something that I can hear when I go through the gears but not real aggressive.
It's very loud, and it definitely turns heads. This setup probably isn't for you. At WOT it is just about the loudest thing on the road.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #15
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my set up. Actually made the video a few minutes ago. I have a LCE header with a flowmaster muffler. Actually reason why I made the video is because Im swapping it out today for a wickedflow 13" muffler!!!!!

Old 09-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #16
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
Here is my set up. Actually made the video a few minutes ago. I have a LCE header with a flowmaster muffler. Actually reason why I made the video is because Im swapping it out today for a wickedflow 13" muffler!!!!!

Your video doesnt work for me
Old 09-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Really??? It shows up on my end???

How bout this??
http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/a...-39-50_134.mp4
Old 09-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #18
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
its pretty loud but it catches peoples attention and some guys think i got a v6 swap going on. haha

http://youtu.be/_EHwX3_JUS4
Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #19
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
its pretty loud but it catches peoples attention and some guys think i got a v6 swap going on. haha

http://youtu.be/_EHwX3_JUS4
Do you have any videos of you reving it, or some driving ones?

Products Discussed in this Thread