1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Future problems on '05 with 203000 miles

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by jdaniels, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Aug 28, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    jdaniels

jdaniels [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab
    I love this truck. 4 cyl, auto, access cab, basic truck. I've done all the regular maintenance, including changing power steering fluid and brake fluid. Replaced a bad tension pulley on the front at about 100,000 and a rear universal at 175,000. Did the struts at about 160,000. Pads at 100,000 and pads and rotors at 200,000. Original rear drums and shoes still good. On my second set of Michelin Hydroedge. They are good for about 90,000 miles. The only thing I don't like is the small tire look and the low stance but it rides like a car and handles great in the rain.

I'm starting to think something has to go wrong sometime. I worry about the fuel pump as that seems to be an expensive item when it goes. Yesterday driving up I-95 I had perhaps 200 lbs in the back and going into some of the Irene headwind, and it downshifted on some grades that it normally would have pulled without any problem. I drive it a 75-80. It gets 24 mph at those speeds.

I hate to go looking for trouble, but I'd now like to see how far I can take it. My other car is a MB 300D with 340,000 on it and still going strong.

Oh, one other thing. Is there a steering dampener on it? I'm to lazy to go look right now. If there is one has anyone ever changed it and what were the indications? I guess I might feel a little more road in the steering wheel than I have in the past, but that may be my imagination.

Anyway, thanks for any comments or observations.

Dan

2. Aug 28, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    Pics of the ODO!!! Please!!!

3. Aug 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    ktmrider