Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4 Bangin, Fuel Sippin, Full Tank Challenge!

Old 09-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #41
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Good Luck, Guys! Wish I could play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuEdU_lrtZk
Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #42
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Every once in awhile my motor isn't running.
I wanted to try that, but I didn't want to loose power steering and run into something.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #43
dan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dan0's Tacoma Gallery
22.7 best mpg so far over 400miles per tank avg
documented below
Old 09-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #44
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
Slow starts. Yes
Avoid short trips. Small town-no other choice
Coast or engine brake when possible. Yes
Shift around 2k. Closer to 3K
Maintain momentum...try to avoid stopping/ braking. Yes
Highest gear @ lowest speed = best economy. (ie: 50 MPH in 5th gear) Yes
Draft/ drive with traffic on the highway. Yes
Synthetic fluids throughout. Soon @ 30K changing all
Increase tire pressure. Yes
Remove mud flaps. Yes
Etc.
There's definitely room for improvement.
You forgot to add, "drive like you have an egg between your foot and the gas pedal!
I guess I could be better based on this list, but I still do not see above 25 mpg even if I improve in areas I can?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:46 AM   #45
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wanted to try that, but I didn't want to loose power steering and run into something.
Try it, somewhere where you can hit anything. You'll find it isn't like you can't steer, just takes a little more effort at slow speeds. And for the power brakes you still have 2-3 emergency stops of vacuum left before it also gets more difficult, but even with no power brakes you can stop.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #46
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
You forgot to add, "drive like you have an egg between your foot and the gas pedal!
I guess I could be better based on this list, but I still do not see above 25 mpg even if I improve in areas I can?
Hahaha...

I think the 3k shifts and short trips are causing most of your mileage woes.

Quote:
Try it, somewhere where you can hit anything. You'll find it isn't like you can't steer, just takes a little more effort at slow speeds. And for the power brakes you still have 2-3 emergency stops of vacuum left before it also gets more difficult, but even with no power brakes you can stop.
I'll give it a try on the highway at 1 AM or something so no one will be anywhere near me.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #47
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hahaha...

I think the 3k shifts and short trips are causing most of your mileage woes.

I'll give it a try on the highway at 1 AM or something so no one will be anywhere near me.
Really it's not that different, just click back from run to acc, wait 3-4 seconds while shifting into neutral, then click back to run and release the clutch. And coast away, check how the steering feels, slam on the brakes a few times and see when the power goes out.

Your engine is just a quick bump start away, shift into 4th or 5th and pop the clutch momentarily and you are running again.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #48
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really it's not that different, just click back from run to acc, wait 3-4 seconds while shifting into neutral, then click back to run and release the clutch. And coast away, check how the steering feels, slam on the brakes a few times and see when the power goes out.

Your engine is just a quick bump start away, shift into 4th or 5th and pop the clutch momentarily and you are running again.
Sounds like your setting someone up for a butt ram if they are not careful or not understanding your procedure?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #49
Science!

I know how to do it...I'll just wait to try it when no one else is around.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #50

Quote:
I know how to do it...I'll just wait to try it when no one else is around.
Just didn't want you turning the key to off and locking your steering wheel.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:55 AM   #51
Science!

Hahaha...yes, that would be very bad.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #52
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Mmkay, here is the 1st trip tik pic

376.4 Miles.
I got slightly bigger tires that throw that off a little.
(The math is 1:1.05)
So, 376.4x1.05

395.22 miles til the light came on.

I went further, I was on the way to pick up a bunk bed for my daughter, then had to quickly find a gas station.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #53
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious . . .different gens have different size tanks . .

I'll be posting soon.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #54
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanglingFury View Post
Just curious . . .different gens have different size tanks . .

I'll be posting soon.
Check your owners manual.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #55
Science!

Yes they do.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #56
jzicc86 is a glorious beacon of lightjzicc86 is a glorious beacon of lightjzicc86 is a glorious beacon of lightjzicc86 is a glorious beacon of lightjzicc86 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: jake
jzicc86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My best tank for miles was 751 miles on 20.401 gallons or 36.8 mpg.

My best tank for mpg was 681 miles on 18.08 gallons or 37.7 mpg, but that's a little further than when the light came on.

Maybe I should stay out of this one.
uhhhhhh?????????/ 36mpg?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #57
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Check your owners manual.
I no haz
Old 09-06-2011, 02:58 AM   #59

^ Awesome!!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:48 AM   #60
snowdrifter will become famous soon enough
snowdrifter's Tacoma Gallery
On a trip several weeks ago. First tank over 400! Interstate cruising about 70MPH. Ran it right down to E and put it about 18.9 gallons IIRC. Works out to about 21.1MPG. The truck has under 5K miles so hopefully it'll keep going up as it breaks in.