LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4 Bangin, Fuel Sippin, Full Tank Challenge!

Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #841
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
560 miles on 19.453 for 28.8 mpg.
We hate you
Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #842
Rackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
Rackster's Tacoma Gallery
Yes...utter disdain!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #843
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #844
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Considering the weather, not too bad, 2 trips to Denver helped.

560 miles on 19.453 for 28.8 mpg.

Couple more mediocre tanks and it will get better from there.
Great tank for the middle of winter.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #845
Rackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to behold
Down 15-20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91r100gs View Post
Great tank for the middle of winter.
I was looking at your numbers Dan - seems that your losses are very similar to what I'm experiencing here in CT. Down 15-20% once the cold weather and winterblend hit.

I recently had to replace my CAT (original was stolen) and wondered if that had an impact on my MPG losses - but maybe just the cold and ethanol.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #846
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackster View Post
I was looking at your numbers Dan - seems that your losses are very similar to what I'm experiencing here in CT. Down 15-20% once the cold weather and winterblend hit.

I recently had to replace my CAT (original was stolen) and wondered if that had an impact on my MPG losses - but maybe just the cold and ethanol.
My cat con was also stolen last fall. But have not noticed anything different since it was replaced. It was replaced by insurance with a Walker Tru-Fit. My only long trips have been hi-speed interstate runs of about 170 miles each way, which typically net about 25 MPG. Right now my current tank is showing about 19 or so. Have used exactly 3 gallons according to the Ultragauge, and showing 58 miles on the odometer. Really not too bad considering that it's all 3.5 mile trips back and forth to work.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #847
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I need a 2.7.

You guys get great FE. I'd be curious to go through and collect the data from just 4x4 guys. If this 22R-E ever dies (haha yeah right) I think I know what I'll be swapping.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #848
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My highest ever was 24.03 and lowest was 16.67 mpg.

and I do a lot to keep the numbers up . . . definitely wouldn't be that high otherwise
Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #849
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
My highest ever was 24.03 and lowest was 16.67 mpg.

and I do a lot to keep the numbers up . . . definitely wouldn't be that high otherwise
My '94 5-lug averaged 18 with the taller tires, but on a trip for work, I had heard that AZ was running zero-tolerance on out of state drivers on their new 75mph Interstate limit. Didn't know if that applied to US highways, so I stuck right at 55mph all the way from Vegas to Phoenix on Hwy 93.

Pulled 33mpg on that tank. Couldn't believe it.
Was back down to 18 on the 75mph trip to Tuscon.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #850

Yup, that low of just under 17 was a mix of winter/needing to make my 450 mile trip as quickly as possible and actually pushing the speed limit the whole way. I typically ride at 1-2 under or less.

I'm always impressed with the 2.7 FE claims on here though.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #851
Thanks for the data!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91r100gs View Post
My cat con was also stolen last fall. But have not noticed anything different since it was replaced. It was replaced by insurance with a Walker Tru-Fit. My only long trips have been hi-speed interstate runs of about 170 miles each way, which typically net about 25 MPG. Right now my current tank is showing about 19 or so. Have used exactly 3 gallons according to the Ultragauge, and showing 58 miles on the odometer. Really not too bad considering that it's all 3.5 mile trips back and forth to work.
Thanks for the data Dan!! I have an aftermarket cat since I opted to recoup the deductible. Shortly after the install, I was working on resolving an evaporation problem and by the time I sorted that out, we were close to the winterblend. So I've seen a drop in MPGs but wasn't sure if the CAT had anything to do with it or just coincidental. If I can eliminate that from the other variable inputs (winterblend, colder weather, possible need to replace plugs), then I might be able to dial in on better FE. My Ultragauge is reporting pretty close to actual gallons consumed, so I think that the current calibration is pretty accurate. I'm thinking about a trip down to NJ in a week so that'll be a good opportunity to see where the FE is with the WAI in place.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #852
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
My '94 5-lug averaged 18 with the taller tires, but on a trip for work, I had heard that AZ was running zero-tolerance on out of state drivers on their new 75mph Interstate limit. Didn't know if that applied to US highways, so I stuck right at 55mph all the way from Vegas to Phoenix on Hwy 93.

Pulled 33mpg on that tank. Couldn't believe it.
Was back down to 18 on the 75mph trip to Tuscon.
Speed kills, keeping it under 60 makes a huge difference with our relatively brick like aerodynamics.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #853

Quote:
Speed kills, keeping it under 60 makes a huge difference with our relatively brick like aerodynamics.
"Relatively" is an understatement

With the cab and bed, I think a brick might have an edge on us.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #854

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Yup, that low of just under 17 was a mix of winter/needing to make my 450 mile trip as quickly as possible and actually pushing the speed limit the whole way. I typically ride at 1-2 under or less.

Have I told you lately how fuggin awesome your truck is?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #855
Agreed!!

Quote:

Yes - a good looking rig!! Custom paint?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #856

Quote:
Don't think so.

Other than the lack of graphics, that looks factory....

Old 01-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #857
Nice Gray

Thanks Rich. I like the color - I especially like the gray Toyota is spraying now on the newest 2nd Gen Tacomas. I also like the clean look of BGE's truck. The aftermarket wheels add to the look.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #858

Quote:

Thanks, Rich! I have lots of plans for it, all in the build ha the To Do List is quite long . . .

Quote:
Rich is correct (imagine that) just slightly faded stock color.

I'll be painting over the chrome, though, eventually.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #859
Nice shade of gray

Nice shade of gray nonetheless.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #860
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel Brands???

I have always run the cheap brands of 87 octane gas (Safeway, ARCO, etc) and a couple months ago I noticed my fuel mileage dropped about 10% with the winter blend, as usual. Just for giggles, I decided to fill up with Chevron brand 87 octane, which is about $0.20 per gallon more than the cheap stuff. I did not change anything in my driving route or habits, and noticed a 5% increase in fuel mileage with the Chevron gas. It also ran a little "happier" if you will -- smoother running, better throttle response, better acceleration, which was definitely better but *only very slightly better*. While this is not enough to financially justify the extra cost, it is interesting to note. I will also note that even using the same cheap gas brands all the time, the fuel mileage would vary a few percent every fill-up. But I still think the name-brand gas just burns a little better.

And forgive me if this belongs in another thread... since I'm running a 4-banger and constantly monitor my fuel economy at each fill-up based on mileage tracking, this seemed to be a good place to post.

Products Discussed in this Thread