Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4 Bangin, Fuel Sippin, Full Tank Challenge!

Old 08-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
4 Bangin, Fuel Sippin, Full Tank Challenge!

Who can get the best mileage (total miles) out of a tank of gas in any 4 bangin Taco? Young, old, pretty, rust-bucket, street queen, offroadin' machine, whatever.

Condition: Fill er up, reset the trip tik, drive her til the yellow gas light is on. Driving habits, conditions, etc don't matter.

Take photgraphic evidence of mileage once the yellow gas light has illuminated and post up.

No prizes or nothing, just for fun and bragging rights.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:10 AM   #2
taco king
snoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
snoozeworm's Tacoma Gallery
us 1st gen base models don't have a trip meter!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
........and no resetting trip while still on 3/8ths of the current tank before filling up!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
u dont have a trip meter??? hmm dang that sucks lol! take pic of mileage before and after?

i probably get the worst MPG for a 4 hamster here. lol
Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed
Old 08-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozeworm View Post
us 1st gen base models don't have a trip meter!
Ehh..write down your odometer mileage when you fill up and then take note once again when the light comes on.

i.e. Fill up at 45,000 miles, light comes on at 45,360. Got about 360 miles out of that tank.

I'd hope everyone would play along honestly Pr3runn3r.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
thats kind of hard to compare since a lot of people have a lot of different mods... I think for what mods I got getting 24-25 mpg religiously is GREAT! so I am the winner in my own mind lol
Old 08-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
thats kind of hard to compare since a lot of people have a lot of different mods... I think for what mods I got getting 24-25 mpg religiously is GREAT! so I am the winner in my own mind lol
The varitey will be fun to see.

..and fun to give a big to them V6 wankers! (just kidding ya'll)
Old 08-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
True true!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
True true!
I know some of the street taco guys (RyanB...lookin at you) have pics of how many miles they got out of a tank.

Need to get the fuck up in this thread and start it off.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #11
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
My best tank for miles was 751 miles on 20.401 gallons or 36.8 mpg.

My best tank for mpg was 681 miles on 18.08 gallons or 37.7 mpg, but that's a little further than when the light came on.

Maybe I should stay out of this one.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:49 AM   #12

Great numbers Worthy, no need to stay out of this one.

I gotta fill up.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #14
taco king
snoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
snoozeworm's Tacoma Gallery
I just filled up for the first time in 18 days. Like i said, i dont have a trip meter so i just write down my mileage on the gas receipt and stick it in my door pocket. I use my truck 100% for work [hauling a 6x10 trailer with a 26hp 54" deck tractor, and the bed has 2 push mowers, 2 weeedeaters, blower, and a bunch of other things].

I got 335 miles on 15.5 gallons of gas which is 21.6 miles per gallon loaded with equipment the entire time.

The truck has a 2 inch lift and 285/70/17 tires [33 inch tall]. 4 banger 5 speed manual all stock engine and drive train.

And this is what i drive when I'm not working. 55 miles per gallon running it hard.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #15
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post

My best tank for mpg was 681 miles on 18.08 gallons or 37.7 mpg, but that's a little further than when the light came on.

That's awesome! I've never filled over 18.5 gallons. I think I'd be pretty nervous running the tank down to half a gallon.

My personal best was 533 miles on 17.249 gallons or 30.9 MPG. I know I can break 600 on a tank, but I rarely push it that far. And when I'm on a road trip I tend to speed a lot to make better time. Otherwise, I know I could get 32-33 MPG pretty easily.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #16

Filled up this morning.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #17
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

dont mean to question you. but i find this very unbeliveable.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #18
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
That's awesome! I've never filled over 18.5 gallons. I think I'd be pretty nervous running the tank down to half a gallon.

My personal best was 533 miles on 17.249 gallons or 30.9 MPG. I know I can break 600 on a tank, but I rarely push it that far. And when I'm on a road trip I tend to speed a lot to make better time. Otherwise, I know I could get 32-33 MPG pretty easily.
I did that 751 just for fun since I have found the scangauge to be pretty accurate, no sweating it really. Usually my fill up is between 17.5 and 19 gallons.

And yes if you could do a full tank at 60 mph you well exceed 32-33 mpg. I can handle 60 mph or less for my daily commute and leisurely trips around here, but on serious road trips it's up to 5-10 over the speed limit and down to the 25-26 range.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #19

Quote:
I did that 751 just for fun since I have found the scangauge to be pretty accurate, no sweating it really. Usually my fill up is between 17.5 and 19 gallons.

And yes if you could do a full tank at 60 mph you well exceed 32-33 mpg. I can handle 60 mph or less for my daily commute and leisurely trips around here, but on serious road trips it's up to 5-10 over the speed limit and down to the 25-26 range.
X2.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #20
Science!

Quote:

That's interesting...Usually on road trips I drive 75-85 MPH with a full bed of gear and I get 27-29 MPG. Last trip was 1500 miles to Canada and back towing a jet ski and I got 24-25 MPG doing the same speed.

I too can handle driving 50-60 during a 25 mile commute. But if I have a 12-14 hr drive ahead of me, I'm going much faster.

We'll see what I get on this tank just driving ~7.5 miles at a time to work and school. So far, 440 miles and no gas light.