1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Comments and Questions about 4 cyl auto. lift

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by eclipse22, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Sep 8, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    eclipse22

eclipse22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcin
    Vehicle: 2006 Tacoma 2.7 i4 auto.

So on the weekend I did some wrenching and put in the Fat bobs lift that most people already have and put on some 245/75/16 Michelins on some nice lighter alloys. Will post pictures later.

Couple of questions arise though.
    There will be a drop in rpms obviously, but main questions is that are there any sensors that measure speed in and speed out and that tell the transmission when to shift? It is an auto so I am kind of concerned because i don't want to be breaking anything as my truck only has 9000km. The speedo will be off by 11.86% I was looking on jegs and to mend the speedo issue there is a product by hypertech which fixes this issue. It is 229 bucks though. Or would it be more profitable to change the gears in the truck. I have no idea what kind of gears I have in there and if I decide to get some from who and where?
    It seems to me just cruising at 65 km/h trucks rpm is at like 1500 so makes me kind concerned that I am puttin my engine under stress.

any help is appreciated

2. Sep 10, 2011 at 12:06 AM
    eclipse22

eclipse22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcin
    http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-126894-precision-toyota-7-1-2-ring-pinion-gears.html

Good choice?

My diff is a 7.5" correct

If my research is correct I believe I have 3.583 gears in there right now, I will double check with the dealer or jack my rear end and do it the old school way and see how many times the wheel turns.

Yes 9000 km, the man that bought it passed away and they forgot the truck in the garage for 4 years.

yes it is a 4x2 5 lug. And to answer the other question I will be going 65km/h and it will be in 4th and lockup will go on as well, I made sure because i shifted down into 3rd and it did down shift.

Products Discussed in

To Top