Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

parts and mods

Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
Name: Vang
Vang Toua Moua's Tacoma Gallery
parts and mods

well thanks to many dudes on here for making me think clearer today. well since i notice it would be better with less wheel more tire, but i got some trouble with lockers n all that. exactly which powertrax locker should i get to help me? and is there anything more that i could do to help my truck function almost like a 4x4 without the conversion?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
There is only one for your truck. Tires and airing down will also help a lot and a lift will help a bit. That is really it. The best thing would be some offroad lessons.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
There is only one for your truck. Tires and airing down will also help a lot and a lift will help a bit. That is really it. The best thing would be some offroad lessons.
it shows me either the lockright or the no slip so i dont know the one for me? oh ok, yeah the lift is gonna be done quick this next pay check. good that actually saves me from spending 6000. lol went from 6000 to maybe 2000 or so now. lol
Old 09-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
theres lockright PN LR1615 or no slip pn 92-2080-3002
Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
lol yes i saw both of them, but which one would be best and recomended for me?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vang Toua Moua View Post
lol yes i saw both of them, but which one would be best and recomended for me?
did you read the description? make up your mind on whats best for you based on the description in the link i gave you
Old 09-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #7
Quote:
did you read the description? make up your mind on whats best for you based on the description in the link i gave you

ooohhhh lol i understand lol. thank you. oh and about gears would i need that for 31 bfg's?or wat would that be good for?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #8

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ooohhhh lol i understand lol. thank you. oh and about gears would i need that for 31 bfg's?or wat would that be good for?
depends on the type of offroading you want to do. 31s might be fine on your stock gears.

if you plan on any "aggressive" offroading you should consider 4.10 gears and a select-able locker like an ARB
Old 09-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #9
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well thanks to many dudes on here for making me think clearer today. well since i notice it would be better with less wheel more tire, but i got some trouble with lockers n all that. exactly which powertrax locker should i get to help me? and is there anything more that i could do to help my truck function almost like a 4x4 without the conversion?
When I was young, I had a stock, (minus shocks) 2WD, 22R SR5. Went all over Baja with it. Hardly ever got stuck, could not believe how well it ran in sand, on the beaches etc.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I thought they only made one or the other for the "8.4" axle. I never really looked into it.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #11
Quote:
depends on the type of offroading you want to do. 31s might be fine on your stock gears.

if you plan on any "aggressive" offroading you should consider 4.10 gears and a select-able locker like an ARB

wat does arb stand for, just curious? and wouldnt the powertrax lockers work fine with the 4.10 gears and bigger tires?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
wat does arb stand for, just curious? and wouldnt the powertrax lockers work fine with the 4.10 gears and bigger tires?
ARB doesn't stand for anything.

Yes it would.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #14
Quote:

Yes it would.

haha oh ok. good then those r things i should especially buy.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #15

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yes it would.
But if op is going to regear why not do it right the first time and go with ARB.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #16

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
ARB is the guy who started the company initials. Anthony Ronald Brown