Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Attempting to get the Rear spring TSB (2010 Reg Cab)

Old 09-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Jeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant future
Name: Jeff
Jeff3004x4's Tacoma Gallery
Attempting to get the Rear spring TSB (2010 Reg Cab)

I have a 2010 Reg cab 4x4, I have the rear spring squeak problem, as well as the spring sag problem. Today I finally got sick of listening to my springs sing to me. I called my dealer, and decided to push my luck and try to get them to make me an appointment for the TSB 4 leaf pack as well. I explained my harsh ride when loaded problem and my squeaking problem. MY appointment is next Thursday, I guess I will just wait and see what I end up with. It would be nice to get the 4 leaf pack, as I want to lift my truck a little. I could skip the AAL and just buy the front adjustable shocks.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You won't get it.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff3004x4 View Post
I have a 2010 Reg cab 4x4, I have the rear spring squeak problem, as well as the spring sag problem. Today I finally got sick of listening to my springs sing to me. I called my dealer, and decided to push my luck and try to get them to make me an appointment for the TSB 4 leaf pack as well. I explained my harsh ride when loaded problem and my squeaking problem. MY appointment is next Thursday, I guess I will just wait and see what I end up with. It would be nice to get the 4 leaf pack, as I want to lift my truck a little. I could skip the AAL and just buy the front adjustable shocks.
i think theyll try to charge you for them since the reg cab isnt part of the tsb
Old 09-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
TSB does not apply to regular cab trucks IIRC.

Regardless, the TSB springs are hardly better. Mine are torched after 2.5 years of use. Save the time and just go aftermarket.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
Jeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant future
The way I see it, I'm due for my 20K service anyways, which I will be getting at the same time so it's not a wasted trip. If they put the new spring insulators in I will be happy, I'm so sick of the squeaking. I really don't think I will buy the new leaf packs, I have my money spent on my restoration project. I have seen a few guys on here that claim to have gotten the TSB done on their reg cabs so I guess its worth a try.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I haven't seen any regular cab get it. Well good luck but watch for the $1000+ bill.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
I will just ask ahead if time, if they try to soak me with a bill I'll tell them to scratch it and just install the insulators.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #8
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
I have read every post about this TSB and I havent found an answer to the following: I have a 3" leveling kit in front and air bags in the rear for towing. Am I still able to get the TSB done? Not worried about mileage or the 3 years for the warranty till next February... Thanks for the help.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
I have read every post about this TSB and I havent found an answer to the following: I have a 3" leveling kit in front and air bags in the rear for towing. Am I still able to get the TSB done? Not worried about mileage or the 3 years for the warranty till next February... Thanks for the help.
you should be able too... just say the sag is too much and the ride sucks if the bags arent filled.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #10
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
I am on the Service departments computer while i wait on their answer about the TSB but mine is the DC body. Printed off the TSB just in case they give me any hastle leveling kit from Zone offroad is next!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #11

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoXtreme View Post
I am on the Service departments computer while i wait on their answer about the TSB but mine is the DC body. Printed off the TSB just in case they give me any hastle leveling kit from Zone offroad is next!
your better off getting billistien 5100s. way better lift than a spacer
Old 09-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #12
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
your better off getting billistien 5100s. way better lift than a spacer
its not for hard offroading so they oughta be fine. I was told by the local truck shop that if its gonna be offroaded then no but for looks and light offroad every now and then itd be fine