Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

yellow wire mod?

Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
yellow wire mod?

ok i feel stupid asking this but the heck is the yellow wire mod? and do i get some' a dat' lol. i have seen it all over the forumand everybody says do the yellow wire mod lol can i even do it?
Old 09-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
It's for 08+ Tacomas , it's like a limited slip
Old 09-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Any 05 and up 4wd Tacomas with optional TRAC/VSC and all 09 and up 4wd Tacomas. It lets you use TRAC when in 4wd low so it acts like a LSD on all 4 tires.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:16 AM   #4
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Any 05 and up 4wd Tacomas with optional TRAC/VSC and all 09 and up 4wd Tacomas. It lets you use TRAC when in 4wd low so it acts like a LSD on all 4 tires.
HOLLY shit i just learned something new, i got to go find that thread UNLESS someone wants to post it here
Old 09-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
HOLLY shit i just learned something new, i got to go find that thread UNLESS someone wants to post it here
You have an offroad so ATRAC works in the same way just more quickly and it is more powerful.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:19 AM   #6
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You have an offroad so ATRAC works in the same way just more quickly and it is more powerful.
I guess i got to read the manual better
Old 09-17-2011, 01:19 AM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
I guess i got to read the manual better
Yes you do. Or you can go to any of David K's 9 million posts about ATRAC.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #8
Senior NEWBIE

Quote:
Yes you do. Or you can go to any of David K's 9 million posts about ATRAC.
Got it Mahalo
Old 09-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #9
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
well guys thanks for clarification now i dont feel so left out ha ha
Old 10-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
Wombat
romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Mechanic/Security
Name: Luis
romeo's Tacoma Gallery
so would this work on a 2011 auto sport?
Old 10-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #11
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo View Post
Umm, the Yellow wire mod (4-low trac mod)... is for NON-ATRAC equipped 4WD Tacomas 2009 +. It tricks the truck into thinking it is in high range (where there is TRAC limited slip) when it is in low range... so you get the benefits of limited slip in Low Range. Otherwise only the Off Road TRDs have traction control in low range.

It may work on pre-2009 4WD Tacomas that have TRAC.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo View Post
A much simpler answer: YES.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #13
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A much simpler answer: YES.
While I quoted him, I was also answering the others above... and countless readers who don't post here, too.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
super n00b
2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2012 Tacoman AZ's Tacoma Gallery
Will it work on a 2012?

I'd love to do this mod, but will it work on a 2012 standard cab 4x4?
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
Banned
Yes. It works on all 09 and up non locking 4wd trucks.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #16
super n00b
2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2012 Tacoman AZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes. It works on all 09 and up non locking 4wd trucks.
Sweet I'm doing before this weekend!
Old 03-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
jpaw30 is on a distinguished road
jpaw30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Tacoman AZ View Post
Sweet I'm doing before this weekend!

Trucks! on speed today just did the "gray mod" I lol'd hhhmmm wonder where they got their great "free and easy Mod" from?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaw30 View Post
Trucks! on speed today just did the "gray mod" I lol'd hhhmmm wonder where they got their great "free and easy Mod" from?
They got it off a Popsicle stick.