Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Newbe questions

Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
AlaskanTaco will become famous soon enough

AlaskanTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Newbe questions

Hey guys.
First off, let me start by saying, "I am an automotive tech," so i know my way around a car. Only issue is, I work on chevys all day, not yodas.
So, with that out of the way!
First, this TSB about the rear spring in the back...does it include access cab i4 manual tacos? The leaf squeals like it was in the movie, 'the deliverance.'. Is it the 4leaf pack, and do I have to pay extra for the 4 leafs?
Second, what do you get out of leveling out the front end? What mpg are you guys seeing with a 2-3 inch lift kit? I would like at leaset 22.
And finally, what is the difference between prerunner, sr5 and base models?? Thanks guys.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

PreRunner is a 2WD on a 4x4 suspension, probably not popular in Alaska.

I think the consensus is that Bilstein 5100's are the best way to level the front end.

White lithium grease has helped my leaf squeal.. But others may know more. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure the leaf spring TSB only applies to V6 trucks, but I could be wrong. And it's not for squeaking leafs...it's called the "harsh ride" TSB. Basically this means your truck bottoms out and rides like shit with only a few hundred lbs in the bed.

Best of luck, and welcome to TW.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
I'm pretty sure the leaf spring TSB only applies to V6 trucks, but I could be wrong. And it's not for squeaking leafs...it's called the "harsh ride" TSB. Basically this means your truck bottoms out and rides like shit with only a few hundred lbs in the bed.

Best of luck, and welcome to TW.
Well, it looks like my, "4 wheeler," I loaded this weekend made it ride like crap. . Haha
Old 09-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The TSB is only for V6 trucks. You are SOL if you have a 4 banger. Don't fret thoug since the TSB leaf packs suck just as much as the stock 3 leaf packs.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
Hard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: H
Hard's Tacoma Gallery
The TSB is not only for 6cyl trucks. I had it done on my access cab 4 banger. If your truck has 4 rear leafs then it has an aal or the tsb already done.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard View Post
The TSB is not only for 6cyl trucks. I had it done on my access cab 4 banger. If your truck has 4 rear leafs then it has an aal or the tsb already done.
Nope, I have 3 springs. :-/. Squeaks like hell
Old 09-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #8

Just an FYI. I looked up the TSB on all data. It does cover 4 cylinder trucks. Access cabs and double cabs. TRD packages and non TRD packages 09-current. Must complain, "when truck is loaded, rides like crap."