Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Body lift

Old 09-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
danstacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
danstacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Body lift

So here is the deal i just put a suspension lift on my 07 single cab about 7 months ago i went with 5100s light racing ucas and wheelers aal. I wanna go higher but i dont wanna spend all kinds of money due to the fact that i just got all new suspension so i was thinking about a body lift to get me to 6 inches an ideas please let me know thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Body Lift Questions Answered.

Frank
Old 09-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't...
Old 09-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
danstacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
danstacoma's Tacoma Gallery
but whats so bad about a body lift??
Old 09-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danstacoma View Post
but whats so bad about a body lift??
They look like crap and are unsafe in the event of an accident.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 97 with a body lift...and I hate it and cant wait to take it off!

-It looks like shit...you can see the frame, gaps between the frame and body

-More airspace between the body and frame and other components, so you have a lot more noise at highway speeds

-They make your truck ride like crap..mine rattles and shutters like crazy off road.

-they aren't safe, in a bad enough accident the body mount bolts can pull through the cab and the body can shear off the frame.

-The pucks can punch through the bottom of the body if you offroad too hard

-Increases body roll on the road because you are propping the body up X"

-Did I mention that it makes your truck look like shit?

Dont get a body lift....
Old 09-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Just save money until you can do it the right way but there is no right way to do a 6 inch lift on a Tacoma since they are too small of a truck for too tall of a lift.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:15 AM   #11
tragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant future
tragerbon's Tacoma Gallery
Body lifts are like anything else, they will be bad if you have bad materials and a bad install.

With that said, I have installed two 2" 4craw body lifts, one on my 2000 Tacoma ext cab 4x4 with CO's, leaf packs, 295's and camper. My 2004 Tacoma trd 4-door prerunner, CO's, aal, 285's, spidertrax, and a camper.

I never had a single issue with 100k plus between both trucks, Big Bend, CO, UT, AZ and NM trips. Take the time to do your own research for real information not just someones O!

I just picked up a new 2011 2.7 reg cab last week and will be installing all of the same junk again along with a 1 1/2" 4craw body lift.

Happy Trails
Old 09-23-2011, 08:49 AM   #12
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/ToyotaTacoma.shtml

Body lifts don't have to be 3", you could go with a 1"-2" BL with high quality materials, like what was posted above.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #13
GPV Helicopters inc
Hellomoto is on a distinguished road
Hellomoto's Tacoma Gallery
I have and never any problems. I'm not sure why people are against them if they're done right.