1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need a better MAF

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by Dunmberboy, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Sep 21, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    Dunmberboy

Dunmberboy [OP] New Member

Member:
    I put a cold air intake on my 1999 2.4L taco in my ongoing struggle to make it faster and more effitient, but i have noticed some lag in acceleration since i put it on and i have read that a new or performance MAF can help, whats a good brand of MAF for this or is this even necessary?

2. Sep 21, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    Nicks4x4LT

Nicks4x4LT Official Villain

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    714 Orange county
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 V6
    Custom front bumper, Icon 2.5 ext. travel coilovers, Defined rear long travel King smooties w/ resi. Avid Offroad sliders, Fiberwerx front fenders, Glassworks Shorty TT style rear glass, URD MAF calibrator, DT shorty headers, URD TCAI, Magnaflow catback
    I believe URD (underdog racing development) makes a calibrator for the MAF sensor which im guessing tunes it accordingly, also if you have an oil type cold air intake such as K&N make sure you do NOT over oil them, ive learned from personal experience:eek:, it can damage the MAF sensor and then eventually cause failures such as the catalytic convertor:D hope this helped

3. Sep 21, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    I've never heard of a performance mass air flow sensor. All it does is sense how much air is passing it, and it sends that info to the ECU. As long as everything is calibrated properly, it is going to do it's job. A new sensor is just going to send the same data to the ECU.

Products Discussed in

To Top