Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Need a better MAF

Old 09-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Dunmberboy is on a distinguished road
Dunmberboy's Tacoma Gallery
Need a better MAF

I put a cold air intake on my 1999 2.4L taco in my ongoing struggle to make it faster and more effitient, but i have noticed some lag in acceleration since i put it on and i have read that a new or performance MAF can help, whats a good brand of MAF for this or is this even necessary?
Old 09-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Stock.

Look at the URD MAF cal.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Nicks4x4LT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunmberboy View Post
I put a cold air intake on my 1999 2.4L taco in my ongoing struggle to make it faster and more effitient, but i have noticed some lag in acceleration since i put it on and i have read that a new or performance MAF can help, whats a good brand of MAF for this or is this even necessary?
I believe URD (underdog racing development) makes a calibrator for the MAF sensor which im guessing tunes it accordingly, also if you have an oil type cold air intake such as K&N make sure you do NOT over oil them, ive learned from personal experience, it can damage the MAF sensor and then eventually cause failures such as the catalytic convertor hope this helped
Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I've never heard of a performance mass air flow sensor. All it does is sense how much air is passing it, and it sends that info to the ECU. As long as everything is calibrated properly, it is going to do it's job. A new sensor is just going to send the same data to the ECU.