Notices

Need antifreeze advice

Old 09-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
mtlineman is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Tech sgt, ran vehicle maint shop
Name: Woody
mtlineman's Tacoma Gallery
Need antifreeze advice

I own an 06 4 cyl Tacoma with 15,000 miles on it. Two questions, change the antifreeze or not, & Toyota or aftermarket antifreeze if its a yes ?
Old 09-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
its not that expensive to do for peice of mind and stick with the toyota pink stuff
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota service interval for Coolant is 10 years/120,000 miles.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Right you are, I was going by the intervals for my old 87. Thanks for the help
Old 09-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, 15k on a 5 year old truck.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
Im retired now, I use it around town and once a year to go to Bonneville, plus I have 15 motorcycles I ride in the summer. It should go the distance at this rate
Old 09-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
Wow, 15k on a 5 year old truck.
No kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Toyota service interval for Coolant is 10 years/120,000 miles.
Glad I saw this, didn't even think to do this (I am at 130K Miles)
Old 09-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #8
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlineman View Post
Im retired now, I use it around town and once a year to go to Bonneville, plus I have 15 motorcycles I ride in the summer. It should go the distance at this rate

Bonneville is a place that all car and bike nuts need to go to at least once in a lifetime. It is an adventure.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #9
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlineman View Post
And 15 bikes!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #10
Yup 15 bikes, how stupid is that, but its the only vice I have. Been going to Bonneville since 1984. I have a buddy who runs a car there who holds a bunch of records
Old 09-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #11
Science!

How fast have you gone there?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
Ive never raced there but hes gone 216 with is turbo, injected, straight 8 Buick powered lakester, holds the XXO/BGL record and is in the 200 mph club. He also holds about 7 records with his Buick powered Jaguar called Salt Cat. Its way out of my budget league
Old 09-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #13
Science!

WOW.