Notices

What's to much?

Old 10-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
Tulot Tech is on a distinguished road

Army: 1999-2002 Dco 2/504th PIR 82nd ABN
Name: Justin
Tulot Tech's Tacoma Gallery
What's to much?

I'm thinking about going with a 3" lift and swapping my stock 245/75/R16's for some after market -12 offset 17 inch rims with some nitto 265 all terrains.

I'm in 2012 Access Cab, pretty stock with a I4, 5 speed manual. Do you think I'll be putting a significant amount of more strain on the engine/truck?
Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be perfectly fine running that tire size. Your truck will feel more sluggish, but that's something that new gears can correct. You're definitely not over stressing the components. Yes, it is more stress than stock...but it's a negligible difference.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about the -12 offset but other then that you'll be fine .
Old 10-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
Tulot Tech is on a distinguished road

Army: 1999-2002 Dco 2/504th PIR 82nd ABN
Name: Justin
Tulot Tech's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys
Old 10-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The -12 offset likely means they are 9" wide wheels, which sometimes are too wide for 265s. Check the tire manufacturers guidelines.