Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

lifted4bangahhelp

Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
Hinanomon is on a distinguished road
Hinanomon's Tacoma Gallery
lifted4bangahhelp

i have a 4x2 4 cyl. 2011 single cab tacoma. im looking for that lifted look rather then that street look. but i think my engine may be too small. i wanted to just keep it stock and put 31" tires on it. would this effect it in a bad or good way?... sorry, im new at this
Old 10-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
5 lugs or 6 lugs on the truck?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
5 lugs or 6 lugs on the truck?
5 lug..
Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #5
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
well you have pretty limited options, but you have basically three. spacer lift, mid travel and long travel. the last two are produced by Total Chaos Fabrication. the spacer lift is down to two options. Fatbobs or Readylift. Most everyone goes for the fatbobs kit, because it comes with longer rear shocks. you can do 30s, but it will be alittle slower. your gonna need a regear for 31s
Old 10-11-2011, 03:29 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
well you have pretty limited options, but you have basically three. spacer lift, mid travel and long travel. the last two are produced by Total Chaos Fabrication. the spacer lift is down to two options. Fatbobs or Readylift. Most everyone goes for the fatbobs kit, because it comes with longer rear shocks. you can do 30s, but it will be alittle slower. your gonna need a regear for 31s
how much do you thinkk itll cost to regear? i think im gonna go with a 2.75 suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift now. i like the lifted look better hah.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I know you can get a used 4.10 ring and pinion set off of east coast gear supply for about $145. not sure what else you'll need though. i just started looking into getting the stuff for a regear
Old 10-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinanomon View Post
how much do you thinkk itll cost to regear? i think im gonna go with a 2.75 suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift now. i like the lifted look better hah.
I'm pretty sure most members here will discourage a body lift.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by infaMOUSE View Post
I second that. I'm going to get a full midtravel lift and install some fiberglass fenders for that prerunner look, along with acouple other things. It won't be cheap, but it will definitely handle being a daily driver and a week of great camping.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #10
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how much do you thinkk itll cost to regear?
Depends if you can find gears specific to the 5 lug's rear end carrier for starters. It cost me $476 for ring/pinion and master rebuild kit. Then $125 for the re gear but I brought the third member to the shop.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I would (did) go with the "mini" rebuild kit for a 2011 . Those bearings are basically new.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by infaMOUSE View Post
why is that? it has the look i want. but how does it affect the truck/ride?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #13

I have yet to see a body lift for the truck we have. from what i've seen body lift not done correctly on a truck looks weird. like the body has been twisted.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #14
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I think it hurts the ride... And I've seen people here say how it's dangerous... I know there's a guy on here now that's having MPG problems and thinks it's his body lift. I'm also pretty sure body lifts take like days to install.

Though honseslty I don't know much about them... But I'd want my lift to be usable.

I just know that there's a right way to lift and a wrong way to lift. Check the 5 lugger forum, I know a few guys there have lifted trucks...
Old 10-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #15
http://s710.photobucket.com/albums/w...matruck016.jpg

ive just seen this truck that is the same as mines and it has a 3 inch body lift... how do you guys think it looks?
Old 10-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
body lifts are just not good on any vehicle especially a 3"

adds leverage to the body mounts and there are a few photos around of cabs ripped off the frame

its not always about looks. i would never run a body lift on my junk
Old 10-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #17
Euphorbia is on a distinguished road

Euphorbia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://s710.photobucket.com/albums/w...matruck016.jpg

ive just seen this truck that is the same as mines and it has a 3 inch body lift... how do you guys think it looks?
Not bad at all!